Two of the most important aspects of a safe and successful academic experience are providing a wide array of campus resources and options.
Ahead of the Fall 2021 semester, UNO wants to make sure our students, faculty, and staff know what precautions the campus is taking and what opportunities they have as the campus increases its on-campus offerings and operations.
To protect yourself and others, Interim Executive Director for Health Security Jane Meza, Ph.D., highlights several important resources and reminders for the school year, including:
- Vaccines are the most effective way to prevent serious side-effects from COVID-19
- The Douglas County Health Department has on-campus vaccination options
- Masks are strongly encouraged indoors regardless of vaccination status
- Masks are required for unvaccinated individuals
- Some events and spaces may require masks even for vaccinated individuals
- Use the 1-Check COVID app to check for COVID symptoms
With more options than ever for students across a variety of course delivery options and engagement opportunities, UNO Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Sacha Kopp, Ph.D., provides some key things to keep in mind as the semester starts, including:
- Students can take classes on camps and online; flexibility is important
- Course types for each class can be found on UNO’s Class Search
- Advising and counseling appointments are available in person and online
- Opportunities for student involvement, events, athletics, and more will be available
- Masks may be required in certain spaces depending on the activity or capacity
- Students will have access to opportunities for on-campus employment
For the latest COVID-19 updates and news, please be sure to bookmark and regularly visit the Maverick COVID Response website.
About the University of Nebraska at Omaha
Located in one of America’s best cities to live, work and learn, the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is Nebraska’s premier metropolitan university. With more than 15,000 students enrolled in 200-plus programs of study, UNO is recognized nationally for its online education, graduate education, military friendliness and community engagement efforts. Founded in 1908, UNO has served learners of all backgrounds for more than 100 years and is dedicated to another century of excellence both in the classroom and in the community.