College of Public Affairs and Community Service
Empowering future leaders, fostering inclusive collaboration, creating innovative solutions.
CPACS was created to offer academic programs to prepare graduates to meet the critical social needs of our community and state. Our certificate and degree programs will prepare you to be a leader, a mover and shaker, and change maker. Our community and outreach programs and partnerships provide opportunities for students and faculty and staff members to actively engagement with the community.
If serving your community and improving society is what you are passionate about, here you will find a wealth of opportunities and a strong support system that puts you, the student, first.
- Division of Continuing Studies
- School of Public Administration
- Aviation Institute
- Emergency Management and Disaster Science
- Grace Abbott School of Social Work
- School of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Department of Gerontology
- Goodrich Scholarship Program
- Center for Public Affairs Research
- William Brennan Institute for Labor Studies
In addition to its academic programs, CPACS offers students opportunities to work on important real world projects.
- The Nebraska Center for Justice Research assists the Legislature in evaluation and policymaking to reduce recidivism and improve public safety.
- The Juvenile Justice Institute evaluates programs to help Nebraska’s children.
- The Nebraska Space Grant provides students with fellowships and internships to study space and flight.
- The William Brennan Institute for Labor Studies fosters critical thinking about workplace issues and helps working people know their rights.
- The Center for Public Affairs Research provides data and the knowledge to interpret it properly. It does survey research, program evaluation, and makes policy recommendations to state decision-makers.
Join a project and start making a difference right away!