IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING ANNUAL PERFORMANCE REVIEWS
Beginning Monday April 8th emails will be sent to benefit eligible staff to participate in the automated performance management process (UNeVal). The email will instruct staff to fill out a self-evaluation utilizing the online tool (UNeVal).
The performance evaluation email will arrive from email@example.com and in the subject line it will state:
Performance Evaluation Notification
Also please review the attached two documents prior to completing the annual review process:
- Flow Chart with Overview of the Process (See Attachment document titled UNeVal Flow Chart
- Instructions on filing out online document (See Attachment document titled Employee Self-Evaluation Process
Please click on this link UNO Online Evaluation Process to view a Vid-Grid taking both staff members and evaluators through the process.
We believe most staff members will find the process fairly simple to navigate. Here are few highlights I want to point out that are new this year:
Staff will be required to fill out a self-evaluation to start the process
- A rating scale from 1-4 has been implemented in the tool (note the total score is not necessarily cumulative)
- UNO’s institutional values are integrated into the tool
- Both staff and evaluator will provide a rating
- Evaluators will need to meet with staff to discuss their appraisal before final submission of the document
Please find a third attachment that is titled Evaluator Guide. The Evaluator guide was created as a step-by-step tool to assist you with navigating the UNeVal system and the Performance Evaluation Process.
- Staff members hired after April 1, 2019 are not required to complete a self-evaluation through the UNeVal system this year. They will be prompted at their six month anniversary date to complete a Self-Evaluation, proceeding through the probationary process. Additional communication to come regarding this.
- Staff members hired beginning in October 2018 will be prompted to complete a probationary review on their six-month anniversary date, with an annual review following in the Spring of 2020.
- A completed PAF will need to be submitted to complete the removal from probation.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns-please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Nebraska Omaha Human Resources staff offer services to assist with the recruitment, development and retention of an outstanding, diverse, and fully engaged workforce.
Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report
The University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) is committed to assisting all members of the university community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual campus security and fire safety report is available on the university website.