The Midlands Business Journal recently announced the recipients of their 2020 "40 Under 40" recognition, which celebrates local business leaders and professionals under the age of 40.
This year's list saw 10 names with UNO affiliations, which makes up 25 percent of the final list.
"It is truly incredible – but not surprising - to see so many names with ties to our Maverick community in this year’s list," UNO Alumni Association President Lee Denker said. "This is not only a testament to the educational and professional development support our students receive, but the sense of innovation, excellence, and community they develop here at UNO and then carry with them into their careers. Their success is truly part of our larger Maverick story.”
The names selected for 2020 include these members of the Maverick family:
- Steve Elgan, OneWorld Community Health Centers - UNO Alumnus
- Nadira Ford-Robbins, UNO Health Careers Resource Center - UNO Alumna
- Melissa Glenn - Core Bank, UNO Alumna
- Nikki Graser - UMB Bank, UNO Alumna
- Liz Hunt - DayCloud Studios, UNO Alumna
- Colby Jensen - BKD, LLP, UNO Alumnus
- Taylor Korensky - Appsky, UNO Alumnus
- Katie Kuhl - Medical Solutions, UNO Alumna
- Victoria Mejias - Heartland United for Puerto Rico, UNO Alumna
- Angel Starks, Nebraska Reality - UNO Alumna
Additionally, UNO alumnus Keith Fix was selected as this year's Young Entrepreneur of the Year. Fix is founder and CEO of RetailAware, an analytics firm.
Congratulations to all the Mavericks who were honored!
About the University of Nebraska at Omaha
Located in one of America’s best cities to live, work and learn, the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is Nebraska’s premier metropolitan university. With more than 15,000 students enrolled in 200-plus programs of study, UNO is recognized nationally for its online education, graduate education, military friendliness and community engagement efforts. Founded in 1908, UNO has served learners of all backgrounds for more than 100 years and is dedicated to another century of excellence both in the classroom and in the community.