Sign up for UNO's Martial Arts Academy. Classes are available through H&K for Taekwondo, Hapkido, Judo and self-defense. Summer classes take place every Tuesday and Thursday from 6 P.M. - 7:30 P.M. inside 124 H&K.
Taekwondo, the way of hand and foot, focuses on kicking. Students will learn kicking and blocking techniques.
Hapkido, the way of coordinated power, focuses on self-defense. Students will learn basic join locks, throws and holds.
Judo, the gentle way, focuses on using your opponent's balance and momentum against them.
- Floor drills - Perfecting kicking and blocking techniques.
- Forms - Developing precision, coordination, and control.
- Free sparring - Practicing competitive skills application.
*First session is free
UNO Students/Campus Rec Members
Two sessions/week - $40/month
One session/week - $20/month
Two sessions/week - $60/month
One session/week - $30/month
- Neal Hankenson - 3rd Dan Taekwondo, Kukkiwon Certified, UNO H&K Adjunct Faculty
- Kent Templien - 3rd Dan Hapkido, 2nd Dan Judo, Taekwondo, UNO H&K Adjunct Faculty
About the University of Nebraska at Omaha
Located in one of America’s best cities to live, work and learn, the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is Nebraska’s premier metropolitan university. With more than 15,000 students enrolled in 200-plus programs of study, UNO is recognized nationally for its online education, graduate education, military friendliness and community engagement efforts. Founded in 1908, UNO has served learners of all backgrounds for more than 100 years and is dedicated to another century of excellence both in the classroom and in the community.