Beginning Monday, July 1, UNO Support Services and Risk Management, a unit under UNO's Division of Business and Finance, will undergo realignment following the retirement of its director, Stan Schleifer.
Schleifer is retiring after 26 years of service to the campus.
As part of the realignment, the units that make up UNO Support Services and Risk Management will remain within the Division of Business and Finance with some also adding responsibilities at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. The affected areas include:
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Fire Safety
- Parking and Transit Services
- Risk Management
- Youth Safety
All office locations and contact information will remain unchanged during this process.
“I have been fortunate to work with a lot of talented, dedicated people in Support Services and Business and Finance," Schleifer says. "Several areas already work together with colleagues from UNMC on projects, initiatives and committees. This realignment should strengthen the services offered to both UNO and UNMC.”
Under the new structure:
- Environmental Health and Safety will join the UNMC Environmental Health and Safety team, providing coverage to both campuses
- Fire Safety will report directly to Facilities Management and Planning
- Parking and Transit Services will report to the Director of Auxiliary Services
- Risk Management efforts will be handled by Business and Finance and overseen by the UNO Compliance Office
- Youth Safety will become a unit within UNO Public Safety and provide support in ongoing joint safety efforts already underway between UNO and UNMC
For additional information on these changes, please contact Laura Lamblin, administrative associate for the UNO Office of Business and Finance, at 402.554.2621 or by email at email@example.com.
About the University of Nebraska at Omaha
Located in one of America’s best cities to live, work and learn, the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is Nebraska’s premier metropolitan university. With more than 15,000 students enrolled in 200-plus programs of study, UNO is recognized nationally for its online education, graduate education, military friendliness and community engagement efforts. Founded in 1908, UNO has served learners of all backgrounds for more than 100 years and is dedicated to another century of excellence both in the classroom and in the community.