We'll share a vintage University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) photo each Thursday on our homepage as part of the popular "Throwback Thursday."
Check back each week for a photo celebrating UNO's history, and to learn more about what's happening on campus and in our community, and future plans for the university.
Visit the UNO Criss Library Flickr photostream for even more photos.
This week's photo features the Milo Bail Student Center (MBSC) as it was in the 1970s.
Renovation of the MBSC starts this May. The entire renovation project should be completed by August of 2016.
The Student Center Renovation Project is in full swing! It is scheduled for completion before the Fall 2016 semester begins. The project will move through phases and certain areas will not be accessible for periods of time. The Student Center staff is committed to making this transition as easy as possible, so let them know if you experience any issues associated with the renovation project.
Signage to help you navigate around the building is posted, and there are maps at each entrance and other key locations around the MBSC.
See below for information about which doors you should use to access different areas in the building.
There is a new path for you to get to Eppley and the North entrance of the MBSC from the west side of the building. The path takes you out to the sidewalk by Dodge Street. There are signs to lead the way! This path is not ADA accessible. Please use the West entrance of the MBSC.
Highlights of the renovation project include:
- A new cafe/coffee bar/grill/convenience store on the first floor - scheduled to be completed in early 2016
- A new grill in the Maverick Lounge location
- A laptop checkout, power and USB stations, foot washing station, and more
- Lounge space for relaxation and study
Here is a list of areas/offices in the MBSC & the entrance doors you should use to access them:
Multicultural Affairs, Student Government or Disability Services:
- Use the North/Dodge street entrance
- The North side elevator will also be in service to the second floor
- The North end staircase is closed
The UNO Bookstore:
- Use the South/Plaza entrance only
MavCARD Services, MBSC Administration & Reservations, Student Activities*, Food Court, and Convenience Store (temporary location):
- Use the West entrance.
- The West side elevator will be in service.
- * Use the west end staircase or elevator to visit the Student Activities Office on the 1stfloor.
The Food Court and Convenience Store (temporary location)
- To access off the South/Plaza side, use the temporary outdoor staircase on the plaza.
The Convenience Store’s temporary location is on the second floor on the south side of the Food Court seating area. For refrigerated drinks, please visit the Food Court or the UNO Bookstore.