MBSC Renovation Project
The Student Center renovation project has officially begun as of May 2015 and is scheduled for completion before the Fall 2016 semester begins. Below are some important links to help you navigate the building through the renovation project. The project will move through phases and certain areas will not be accessible for periods of time. The Student Center staff is committed to making this transition as easy as possible for you, so let us know if you experience any issues associated with the renovation project.
These construction maps shows the most current accessible entrances, location of restrooms and student services offices, and areas that are closed off to the public.
Here are some of the improvements from Student Center Renovation Project:
- New Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system throughout the building will improve heating and cooling and our impact on the environment
- Centralized welcome desk for questions and/or specific needs
- Additional meeting space on the 2nd floor
- Improved way-finding and ability to reach each floor via elevator
- New and expanded services for students:
- Lactation room
- Foot washing station for chapel
- Mini-kitchen available to students
- Additional quiet study spaces as well as louder social spaces on all three floors
- Top notch technology, including but not limited to:
- WEPA wireless printing stations
- Laptop checkouts
- Multiple power and USB plugs
A new MavCAFE will be located on the south side of the atrium on the 1st floor and will feature a coffee shop and Blue Bunny Ice Cream Bar where you can build your choice(s) of malts, milkshakes, sundaes, banana splits or smoothies, in addition to all of your favorite coffee drinks.
The previous Maverick Lounge space will be the new MavGRILL and will serve an assortment of slowly smoked, seasoned items; beef brisket, pork roast, chicken, ribs, sausage along with an expanded menu of additional items.