The new National Science Foundation (NSF) S-STEM EMPLOYEE program (Empowering undergraduates via Mentorship, Professional development, Leadership, and Opportunities for Youth EngagEment) at UNO will now be accepting applications for scholarships to be disbursed starting in Spring 2020. For an extensive program overview, please visit the progam website.
As scholarships will be awarded in the Spring, it is important that those who are interested submit an application as soon as possible.
EMPLOYEE Scholar Benefits Include:
- Up to $7000 per year for four years to complete a bachelor's degree
- Support and common coursework with other EMPLOYEE scholars
- Course-based Undergraduate Research Experiences (CUREs)
- Professional development
- Opportunities for service
- First-year students (freshman or sophomore standing) majoring in one of UNO's undergraduate STEM programs
- Interest in pursuing a STEM career
- Cumulative GPA 3.3 or better (High school GPA if undergraduate GPA unavailable)
- Demonstrate financial need
- US Citizen, permanent resident, or refugee
About the University of Nebraska at Omaha
Located in one of America’s best cities to live, work and learn, the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is Nebraska’s premier metropolitan university. With more than 15,000 students enrolled in 200-plus programs of study, UNO is recognized nationally for its online education, graduate education, military friendliness and community engagement efforts. Founded in 1908, UNO has served learners of all backgrounds for more than 100 years and is dedicated to another century of excellence both in the classroom and in the community.