Omaha – Issued Tuesday, April 9, 2019
UNO’s Department of Public Safety (UNODPS) has determined circumstances exist that members and guests of the UNO campus community should be aware of. Please read this notification for additional information.
Offense: Sexual Assault
Location: Elmwood Park
Date/Time of Occurrence: 4/06/19 at approximately 6:30 P.M.
On Tuesday, April 9, UNO's Department of Public Safety received notice that a sexual assault occurred in Elmwood Park on Saturday, April 6, at approximately 6:30 P.M. An anonymous reporter indicated that they were sexually assaulted while running through the eastern portion of the park. At this time, the suspect has only been identified as a white male.
Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to call Omaha Police. If you observe any suspicious individuals in the area of Elmwood Park, please call 911.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid parking in isolated areas.
- Stay in well-lit areas and on populated pathways.
- Travel in groups; there's always safety in numbers.
- If you observe anyone acting in a suspicious manner, or if you feel threatened in any way, call the police immediately by dialing 911.
More information about campus resources for safety, security and support can be found on UNO's website.
Warning issued by: