Nominations are due by Friday, Feb. 22, 2019.
To nominate a person or persons for the Mary Ann Lamanna Award for Excellence in Women’s and Gender Studies, please submit the following in electronic form to Dr. Karen Falconer Al-Hindi at email@example.com:
A 1 - 2 page nomination letter describing the nominee’s accomplishments and their relevance to the UNO Women’s and Gender Studies program. The nominator must be connected to the Women’s and Gender Studies program (student major/minor, faculty, staff).
The nominee’s/nominees’ resume or c.v.
Additional supporting materials (e.g. letters of support) are welcome and strengthen the nomination but are not required.
The person(s) selected will receive the award at the annual Women’s and Gender Studies spring luncheon to be held Friday, April 26, 2019.
Previous winners include:
- Dr. R. Ogle (Criminal Justice & Women’s Studies)
- Dr. S. Maher (English & Women’s Studies)
- Dr. K. Falconer Al-Hindi (Geography/Geology & Women’s Studies)
- Dr. S. Moshier (Biology & Women’s Studies)
- Ms. M. Rosen-Atherton (University Division Counseling & Women’s and Gender Studies)
- Ms. R. Tomlinson Dick (B.A, Women’s Studies, 2010)
- Dr. P. Proulx (Foreign Languages and Literatures & Women’s and Gender Studies
- Ms. M. Adler(University Health Center & Women’s and Gender Studies)
- Ms. P. Jones (Black Studies & Women’s and Gender Studies)
- Dr. M. Basile (Iowa City, Iowa)
- Dr. S. Jawed-Wessel (Health Education & Women’s and Gender Studies
- Dr. J. Irwin (Sociology/Anthropology & Women’s and Gender Studies)
- Dr. R. Toman (University Administration & Women’s and Gender Studies)
- Dr. T. Kennedy (English & Women’s and Gender Studies)
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.