The Spring semester begins this coming February for Re-Imagining U, the employee learning and development program for UNO and UNMC employees to contribute toward ongoing skill development.
Re-Imagining U was launched last fall with great success. Overall, 750 attendees participated in 33 different skill-based courses. This spring, in response to great participant feedback, we are offering even more courses and opportunities to engage employees across our 500 mile campus.
Here are just a few of the enhancements:
- New Registration system and process that works for all UNO and UNMC employees
- Reminders arriving earlier as Outlook Calendar invites
- More course offerings to distant campus locations
- Additional 100 & 200 level courses that offer skill-building opportunities for employees in Administrative roles. These courses include: Setting Expectations & Tracking Progress, Optimizing Outlook & PowerPoint Essentials, Optimizing Data through Microsoft Excel Essentials, and Service from the Inside Out.
A great new lineup of elective courses and partnership presentations will be available, such as:
- Living with Purpose, Self-Compassion & Resiliency with Chad Brough, Chief Experience Officer from Nebraska Medicine - A partnership with Nebraska Medicine and the Emerging Professional Program.
- Workplace Fun in Academic Settings with Dr. Lynn Harland, Associate Dean from the UNO College of Business - A partnership with the leadership team at the College of Nursing and UNO
- And many, many more on topics such as Navigating the Multigenerational Workforce to Safe Space Training and Healing Arts.
The Spring 2018 Catalog is available and Registration is NOW OPEN, accessible via the Re-Imagining U Website.
PLEASE REMEMBER. Before registering, review with your leader all of the courses you want to take and discuss how they connect into your development plans. Work with your manager or supervisor to ensure coverage during your time out of office and to plan accordingly so that all employees will have a chance to attend courses.
A big THANK YOU to everyone who participated in the first semester of Re-Imagining U and to those that took the time to provide invaluable feedback that will make our 2018 program even better.