"Gender and Activism in These Times" - Women’s & Gender Studies “No Limits!” Student Research Conference
March 9, 2018, 9:30 A.M. - 5:30 P.M., Milo Bail Student Center
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Beverly Guy-Sheftall, Founding Director of the Women's Research and Resource Center & Anna Julia Cooper Professsor Womens' Studies at Spelman College.
Call for Proposals
Students desiring to present their work at the conference should submit the following by email to Dr. Karen Falconer Al-Hindi email@example.com):
Subject Line of Email: "No Limits" and student's last name
Body of Email:
- Student’s contact information: Name, university affiliation, mailing address, email, phone.
- Faculty mentor: Name, university affiliation and email address.
- Project information: Title and abstract of approximately 250 words describing the project and its significance. Research involving human subjects must have IRB approval.
- Biographical statement: Student’s major/minor, hometown, academic and/or career goals, and a fun fact. (50 – 75 words)
- Format: Indicate whether this will be a paper (20 minutes), poster presentation (48” x 36”), or other
- Materials needed: If the presentation requires additional items other than projector, screen, and computer cart, please explain and list these.
Create a file: (.doc, .docx, .rtf only, please) with all the information in the body of the email and attach it to the email.
Deadline for proposals is Jan. 26, 2018.
Call for Nominations
The Mary Ann Lamanna Award for Excellence in Women's and Gender Studies
The Mary Ann Lamanna Award for Excellence in Women’s and Gender Studies recognizes extraordinary service to the UNO Women’s and Gender Studies program. This noteworthy work may involve teaching, research/creative activity, service, or a combination of the three. Nominees may be UNO students, faculty, staff, alumni, or others who have provided exemplary service.
To nominate a person or persons for the Mary Ann Lamanna Award for Excellence in Women’s and Gender Studies, please submit the following in electronic form to Dr. Karen Falconer Al- Hindi:
- A 1-2 page nomination letter describing the nominee’s accomplishments and their relevance to the UNO Women’s and Gender Studies program. The nominator must be connected to the Women’s and Gender Studies program (student major/minor, faculty, staff).
- The nominee’s/nominees’ resume or c.v.
- Additional supporting materials (e.g. letters of support) are welcome and strengthen the nomination but are not required.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.