In today's technological world, job scams are a real threat to jobseekers and can be difficult to recognize. They may appear in many different places, including online or print advertisements, career websites, Craigslist, or email inboxes.
Please know that the UNO Academic & Career Development Center does not provide resumes or student contact information without consent and remain cautious of any email indicating this.
Be extra suspicious of:
- emails missing pertinent details like company name, website, or location
- email addresses that don’t match the sender’s name
- scammers who ask for credit card or bank account numbers
- scammers who offer a lot of money to perform little work or to pay you before you begin
- scammers who offer you a job without meeting you
- jobs that involve transferring money from one account to another
If you ever are in question of whether an email job offer is legitimate or not, contact the Information Security Help Desk at 402.554.4357 or the Academic & Career Development Center at 402.554.3672 for assistance.