OMAHA – The University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) has earned six national awards.
The awards were presented at the 2014 PRSSA National Conference, which was held Friday, Oct. 10, through Tuesday, Oct. 14, in Washington, D.C.
The awards earned by UNO PRSSA include:
- F.H. Teahan National Chapter Award Outstanding PRSSA-PRSA Relationship
- National Organ Donor Awareness Competition (NODAC) 2nd Place
- Star Chapter designation
- National President’s Citations awarded to graduate student Megan Romero, former chapter president, and Angela Eastep, current chapter president
- National Golden Key awarded to Michelle Meisinger, chapter vice president of professional development, and MaverickPR student-run firm director.
The Teahan and NODAC awards also earned $600 for the chapter’s professional development.
"Our students are well respected nationally for their commitment to professional development and community service, said Karen Weber, UNO PRSSA faculty adviser. "The PRSSA-PRSA Relationship award reflects the positive collaboration between our chapter and Nebraska PRSA."
Ten members of the chapter’s executive board and its faculty adviser Karen Weber attended the conference:
- Angela Eastep, chapter president
- Michelle Meisinger, chapter vice president of professional development
- Noelle Ashley, treasurer
- Alexandria Jensen, public relations director
- Ashley Anderson, social media director
- Dana Christensen, creative director
- Trent Ostrom and Emily Huebert, co-service directors
- Danyelle Stephenson, recruitment director
- Sean Robinson, newsletter editor
“The School of Communication is very proud of all of our PRSSA students,” said Hugh Reilly, director of the UNO School of Communication. “Our students continue to burnish our well-established national reputation and are a great testament to the skills and passion of our faculty.”
Maverick PR has won a number of national awards over the past decade, including Outstanding Chapter, the highest award given to a PRSSA chapter, in 2012 and 2009.
About UNO PRSSA
The University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is part of a national pre-professional organization boasting more than 11,000 members among 344 chapter across the US and South America.
About the University of Nebraska at Omaha
Located in one of America’s best cities to live, work and learn, the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is Nebraska’s premier metropolitan university. With more than 15,000 students enrolled in 200-plus programs of study, UNO is recognized nationally for its online education, graduate education, military friendliness and community engagement efforts. Founded in 1908, UNO has served learners of all backgrounds for more than 100 years and is dedicated to another century of excellence both in the classroom and in the community.