- If you receive emails of this nature, do not respond to them.
- If you receive checks from an email like this, do not cash or deposit them.
- Report any type of suspicious email to the UNO Information Security Office (email@example.com).
- Report any suspected fraud to UNO Dept. of Public Safety.
- Always log in from a trusted URL, rather than clicking a link in an email.
- Do not access links from within an email that you may not trust or know.
- Use different passwords at work than those you use for personal accounts.
- Check links by “hovering” over them before clicking to see their true destination.
- Verify the sender by hovering over the sender’s name to reveal the actual sender.
- If you receive a phone call, ask them for a verification of the service or ask someone else if you feel it sounds too good to be true.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.