In October 2015, the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) hosted the national Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU) conference. The theme of the conference was Love of Place: The Metropolitan University Advantage.
The recently released digital issue of Metropolitan Universities, a journal of pertinent issues facing the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities, features eight articles from presenters at the 2015 CUMU conference.
UNO articles in the issue include:
- Editorial: Love of Place: The Metropolitan University Advantage: 2015 CUMU Conference in Omaha
- Teacher Training in Urban Settings: Inquiry, Efficacy, and Culturally Diverse Field Placements
- Enhancing the STEM Ecosystem through Teacher-Researcher Partnerships
- Collective Impact versus Collaboration: Sides of the Same Coin OR Different Phenomenon?
- Volunteer Program Assessment at the University of Nebraska at Omaha: A Metropolitan University’s Collaboration with Rural and Spanish-Speaking Volunteers
CUMU expressed gratitude for UNO’s commitment to the Coalition and congratulated the faculty, administrators, community partners, and students whose work was included in the journal.