In October 2015, the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) hosted the national Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU) conference. The theme of the conference was Love of Place: The Metropolitan University Advantage.
The recently released digital issue of Metropolitan Universities, a journal of pertinent issues facing the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities, features eight articles from presenters at the 2015 CUMU conference.
UNO articles in the issue include:
- Editorial: Love of Place: The Metropolitan University Advantage: 2015 CUMU Conference in Omaha
- Teacher Training in Urban Settings: Inquiry, Efficacy, and Culturally Diverse Field Placements
- Enhancing the STEM Ecosystem through Teacher-Researcher Partnerships
- Collective Impact versus Collaboration: Sides of the Same Coin OR Different Phenomenon?
- Volunteer Program Assessment at the University of Nebraska at Omaha: A Metropolitan University’s Collaboration with Rural and Spanish-Speaking Volunteers
CUMU expressed gratitude for UNO’s commitment to the Coalition and congratulated the faculty, administrators, community partners, and students whose work was included in the journal.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.