International Studies and Programs (IS&P) is accepting applications for our Global Diplomat program for 2016-2017. Both international students and students from the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
Global Diplomats help promote campus internationalization. Their activities include leading cross-cultural events, helping with new international student orientations, giving campus tours, picking students up at the airport, and providing settling-in assistance.
Selected students will receive an IS&P Global Diplomat polo shirt to wear at events and a $200 scholarship ($100 per semester).
- Academic excellence in at least two full time semesters earned at UNO by May of this term
- Maintenance of at least a 3.2 GPA
- Full-time UNO student status in the 2016-2017 school year
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong interest in service to UNO and the international student population
- Experience in cross-cultural settings
Completed applications are due Thursday, 21 April at 5 P.M.