With the start of the new year, there’s no better time to see what the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) can provide to assist in your pursuit of wellness.
A reminder: Free HPER Facility Access for Military on Leave
Commit to Fit | January 11-15
Get rewarded for making a wellness goal to start the new year. Come tell us your goal to receive a FREE t-shirt and you will be entered to win other prizes. The Campus Rec staff will be at the following locations during the first week of the spring semester.
|Monday, Jan. 11||11 A.M. - 1 P.M., 5:30 P.M. - 7 P.M.||HPER Atrium|
|Tuesday, Jan. 12||11 A.M. - 1 P.M., 5:30 P.M. - 7 P.M.||HPER Atrium|
|Wednesday, Jan. 13||11 A.M. - 1 P.M.||Mammel Hall|
|Thursday, Jan. 14||11 A.M. - 1 P.M.||Scott Cafe|
|Friday, Jan. 15||11 A.M. - 1 P.M.||Scott Cafe|
Drop-In Rec: New at Baxter Arena
The following activities are free to UNO students during the times listed. Ice skates are available to rent at Baxter Arena for free or you can bring your own. A sponsored guest is allowed for a $5 fee and they can rent skates for $3.
(Community ice is not open to general public during these times)
Open Skating | December 8, 2015 - April 30, 2016
- Tuesdays | 3:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Wednesdays | 9:30 P.M. to 11:30 P.M.
- Thursdays | 8:30 P.M. to 10:30 P.M.
- Saturdays | 4:30 P.M. to 6:30 P.M.
- Sundays | 8:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
Open Curling | January 19, 2016 - April 19, 2016
- January 19 | 8:30 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
- January 24 | 2:30 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- February 7 | 2:30 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- February 16 | 8:30 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
- March 6 | 2:30 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- March 15 | 8:30 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
- April 19 | 8:30 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
Open Hockey | January 11, 2016 - April 25, 2016
- Mondays | 9:30 P.M. to 11:30 P.M.
For questions, contact Lisa Medina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HPER Programs and Offerings
Programs and Offerings
- The Mav-Rec Wellness Program
- Group Exercise (“Group Ex”) Classes
- The Climbing Wall
- Personal Training
- Youth Programs
- Outdoor Venture Center
HPER Building Features
- 240,000 square feet of space, renovated in 2010
- Ample classroom spaces for the College of Education's School of HPER
- Two fitness centers
- 50-meter pool and indoor spa
- Numerous multi-purpose areas for studying, eating, or lounging
- Group exercise classes
- 28-foot climbing and bouldering wall
- Indoor jogging track
- The Mav-Rec Cafe
- The Outdoor Venture Center
- Injury Prevention and Care
The building is also home to numerous intramural sports, sports clubs and countless activities on campus.
View the Spring 2016 Wellness Guide Online