From the Information Security Office:
This is a reminder that UNO employees should be on alert for fraudulent "phishing" emails designed to steal their credentials.
“Phishing” emails come in many forms. Here are some ways employees can ensure they stay safe online and protect themselves against scams:
- Always log in from a bookmark rather than clicking a link in an email
- Don’t access links from within emails that you may not trust or know
- Use different passwords at work than what you use for personal accounts
- Check links by “hovering” over them before clicking to see their true destination
- Verify the sender by hovering over the sender’s name in Outlook to reveal the actual sender
Please contact the Help Desk at 402-554-4357 with questions, or if you believe you have received a “phishing” email.