Eligibility & Checklist
- Talk to your advisor. They will best be able to guide you through the process to be sure you are ready
- Complete all academic requirements for your program. That means taking all your core classes, electives, and degree-specific courses. To check if you have completed your requirements, find your Degree Works on MavLINK
- Pay all dues to the university. This includes tuition, parking tickets, registration fees, and any other outstanding payments.
- Apply for graduation. You’ll need to apply before the graduation deadline to walk in the upcoming commencement.
How to Apply for Graduation
To apply, log into MavLINK, click Academics > Apply for Degree and then follow the on-screen instructions.
There is a non-refundable $35 Application for Degree fee payable at the time the application is submitted. Certificates also require a non-refundable $5 fee.
Graduate College Students
Graduate students must complete final projects, thesis, and/or dissertation requirements
Visit the Graduate Studies website for full information on these requirements.
Stay Up to Date & Start Planning
- Make sure to check your UNO email regularly for updated information.
- Read the Graduate Instructions beforehand.
- Share information with guests that will be attending the big day!
- Pick up your regalia.
FERPA Notice for Graduating Students
Students who have a FERPA restriction on their records will be excluded from the Commencement Booklet and any Virtual Commencement Ceremonies.
Should you wish to be included, you must provide consent to the Office of the Registrar.