UNO offers a wide selection of bachelor's degree programs.
Our Bachelor of Multidisciplinary Studies (BMS) degree is offered on campus, online or as a hybrid to students age 21 and older or active military. In fact, U.S. News & World Report ranked UNO's BMS online degree as the one of the top 20 online bachelor's degrees in the country! The BMS program offers more than 40 areas of study and is designed to support adult students.
To enroll at UNO, you will need to apply through our standard undergraduate application process. Here is all the information you'll need to get started.
Review our admission requirements:
- First-Year Admission Requirements
- Transfer Admission Requirements
- If you are an international student, you will need to apply via the International Studies & Programs Office.
Choose a desired area of study:
- The majors and programs page has a list of the majors currently offered at UNO.
- You may also find the online catalog helpful in the selection process.
1. Complete an Application
You can apply to UNO online
If you intend to obtain a Bachelors of General Studies (BMS) degree, select 'Division of Continuing Studies in CPACS' then choose your major, which is your BMS Area of Concentration.
You may select any major that you're interested in that does not fall within the BMS areas of study. Applicable GPA requirements will apply.
To complete an application, you will need to know your mailing address, date of birth, and valid email address.
Please remember to use your official current legal name (as it appears on your birth certificate or marriage certificate) on your application. In addition, you are recommended to include your social security number on your application if you are applying for financial aid.
2. Pay the Application Fee
A $45 application fee is required for all new First-Year, Transfer, and non-degree/visiting student applicants and must be paid when the application is submitted.
- Fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee admission or enrollment in any specific classes. If you have previously enrolled as an undergraduate student on any University of Nebraska system campus, please indicate on the application that you have paid the NE application Fee.
- Pay online or by mail.
- Undergraduate Application Fee waivers are available to applicants who meet specific conditions. For more information, please review our Application fee waiver policy which is available in our Forms, Policies, and Conditions page
3. Submit Official Transcripts and Test Scores
Request official high school transcript be sent to UNO. Visit your school's website for transcript request information or contact them directly. If you have a bachelor's degree, your high school transcript may not be required. Contact UNO Undergraduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request official college transcripts from each institution at which you earned credit while in high school or prior to attending UNO. All post-secondary transcripts are required whether credit was earned or not. Failure to provide information regarding all post-secondary academic work attempted or completed will be considered fraudulent and may result in possible withdrawal of admission or dismissal from the University.
NOTE: Hand-carried/student-submitted transcripts will not be accepted. They must be sent directly from each academic institution via their official transcript service to UNO Undergraduate Admissions.
If your school uses an electronic transcript service, please send electronic transcripts to email@example.com.
Official transcripts may be mailed to the following address:
|UNO Undergraduate Admissions Office|
|6001 Dodge Street|
|Eppley Administration Building, Room 111|
|Omaha, NE 68182-0286|
Undergraduate application submission deadlines are as follows:
- Fall Semester – August 1*
- Spring Semester – December 1
- Summer Semester – July 1
*The priority deadline for scholarship consideration for the Fall semester is February 1.
You will start receiving information from the admissions office soon. If you have not received any communication within one week, please contact us to inquire about the status of your application.
- Set up your MavLINK account on TrueYou and check on your admission status on MavLINK.
- Contact the Office of Financial Support and Scholarships.
- Submit your immunizations to UNO Health Services.
After you're admitted to UNO, please visit the Admitted Student page to find the next steps you need to take to become a Maverick. And don't forget to file the FAFSA by the April 1 priority deadline for financial aid for the Fall term.