The Undergraduate Admissions staff are here to assist you!
Sign up for a Zoom appointment
- Before You Apply
- The Admissions Process
- After You Apply
- Pay Your Enrollment Deposit
- What's Next?
The Office of Military and Veteran Services on-campus or online with any questions regarding UNO degree program options, Tuition Assistance (TA) or Veteran Affairs (VA) benefits, and services available to military, veterans, and family members.
On UNO Campus
117 Milo Bail Student Center MBSC
On Offutt AFB
Offutt Education Center
Complete the VA benefits application:
After contacting the Office of Military and Veteran Services, you should also complete the VA benefits application.
Review the admission requirements:
Choose a desired area of study:
- The majors and programs page has a list of the majors currently offered at UNO
- You may also find the online catalog helpful in the selection process.
Applications will be reviewed once we receive all official documents needed to complete your file.
1. Complete an Application
2. The Application Fee
The application fee is waived for all Military and Veteran applicants with proof of military status. Please provide one of the following documents as proof of military status to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions:
- Notice of Basic Eligibility NOBEE)
- Military Orders
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs I.D. card
For more information, please review our application fee waiver policy which is available on our Forms, Policies, and Conditions page under the policy section.
3. Submit Official Transcripts and Test Scores
Request official high school transcript be sent to UNO. Visit your school's website or transcript request information or contact them directly. In cases where Active Duty Military applicants are not able to obtain their high school transcript, applicants may be eligible to submit a Verification of High School Completion form in lieu of the official high school transcripts. If you have a baccalaureate degree, your high school transcript may not be required.
Request official college transcripts if you attempted any college credit while in high school or prior to attending UNO. All post-secondary transcripts are required whether credit was earned or not.
- Request your military transcripts at Joint Service Transcript secure website: https/jst.doded.mil/smart/signIn.do
NOTE: Hand-carried/student-submitted transcripts will not be accepted. They must be sent directly from each academic institution via their official transcript service to Undergraduate Admissions.
If your school offers an electronic transcript service, please request your transcripts be sent directly to email@example.com.
Official transcripts may be mailed to the following address:
|UNO Undergraduate Admissions Office|
|6001 Dodge Street|
|Omaha, NE 68182-0286|
- UNO uses official ACT or SAT scores for class placement, and for scholarship purposes. Standardized testing can also be used to fulfill the performance requirement. Please send those directly to UNO using the school codes ACT: 2464 or SAT:6420.
Undergraduate application submission deadlines are as follows:
- Fall Semester - August 24 (first day of fall semester classes)
- Spring Semester - January 11 (first day of spring semester classes)
- Summer Semester - July 1
*The priority deadline for scholarship consideration for the fall semester is February 1.
You will start receiving information from the admissions office. If you have not received any communication within one week, please contact us to inquire about the status of your application.
- Contact the Office of Military and Veteran Services to begin processing for military TA and/or veteran benefits (GI Bill, Voc Rehab, 1606, 1607, etc.)
- Set up your MavLINK account and check your admission status on MavLINK.
- Contact the Office of Financial Support and Scholarships.
- Submit your immunization records to Nebraska Medicine-UNO Health Center.
Residence Classification for Tuition purposes
If your resident status is non-resident, and you want to claim residency for tuitiion purposes, please complete the Application for Residence Classification for Tuition Purposes to request resident tuition:
- Nebraska resident
- Active duty military and Nebraska Guard
- Veteran that has graduated from a Nebraska high school
- Military dependents
- Form must be notarized and submitted with military orders (plus additional paperwork for dependents).
After you're admitted to UNO, you will need to complete the following to finalize your enrollment:
1. Schedule Placement Exams
Shortly following admission, First Year and Transfer students receive information from the UNO Testing Center about English, math, chemistry, French, and Spanish placement exams.
2. Sign Up for Your Orientation Session and Meet With an Academic Advisor
Active duty military and non-local students can discuss an orientation waiver by contacting the Office of Military and Veteran Services in 117 Milo Bail Student Center, or call 402.554.2349, toll-free 855.628.8761, or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make an appointment with an academic advisor for the degree program you have chosen. The advisor will remove your advising hold, determine transfer credit, and help select classes.
- If you are using military TA, get a copy of your degree plan worksheet from the advisor to submit as part of the TA processing.
For general admitted student information (i.e. Orientation and Student housing), please visit the Admitted Student page.