The Undergraduate Admissions staff are here to assist you!
Sign up for a Zoom appointment
Connect with us virtually using this link so our Reps can help you navigate the admissions process, explore how to pay for college, and give you pro-tips on your decision to become a Maverick.
Pro Tip: Admissions Reps help students and families with the transition into college. Academic Advisors help students enroll in classes
- Before You Apply
- The Admissions Process
- After You Apply
- Pay Your Enrollment Deposit and Next Steps
Review our admission requirements:
- First-Year Admission Requirements
- If you are an international student, you will need to apply via the International Studies & Programs Office.
Choose a desired area of study:
- The majors and programs page has a list of the majors currently offered at UNO.
- You may also find the online catalog helpful in the selection process.
- Learn about UNO's General Education Requirements and approved general education classes.
Applications will be reviewed once we receive all official documents needed to complete your file.
1. Complete an Application
2. Pay the Application Fee
A $45 application fee is required for all new First-Year, Transfer, and Non-Degree/Visiting student applicants and must be paid when the application is submitted.
- The application fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee admission or enrollment in any specific classes. If you have previously enrolled as an undergraduate student on any University of Nebraska system campus, the application fee is not required.
- Pay online or by mail.
- Undergraduate Application Fee waivers are available to applicants who meet specific conditions. For more information, please review our Application Fee Waiver Policy which is available on our Forms, Policies, and Conditions page under the policy section.
3. Submit Official Transcripts and Test Scores
Request official high school transcript be sent to UNO. Visit your school's website for transcript request information or contact them directly. If you have a baccalaureate degree, your high school transcript may not be required. Contact UNO Undergraduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request official college transcripts from each institution at which you earned credit while in high school or prior to attending UNO. All post-secondary transcripts are required whether credit was earned or not. Failure to provide information regarding all post-secondary academic work attempted or completed will be considered fraudulent and may result in possible withdrawal of admission or dismissal from the university.
NOTE: Hand-carried/student-submitted transcripts will not be accepted. They must be sent directly from each academic institution via their official transcript service to UNO Undergraduate Admissions.
If your school offers an electronic transcript service, please request your transcripts be sent directly to email@example.com.
Official transcripts may be mailed to the following address:
|UNO Undergraduate Admissions Office|
|6001 Dodge Street|
|111 Eppley Administration Building|
|Omaha, NE 68182-0286|
- UNO uses official ACT or SAT scores for class placement, and for scholarship purposes. Standardized testing can also be used to fulfill the performance requirement. Please send those directly to UNO using the school codes ACT: 2464 or SAT:6420.
Undergraduate application submission deadlines are as follows:
- Summer Semester (2021)- July 1, 2021
- Fall Semester (2021) - August 23, 2021 (first day of fall semester classes)
- Spring Semester (2022) - January 24, 2022 (first day of spring semester classes)
*The priority deadline for scholarship consideration for the fall semester is February 1.
You will start receiving information from the admissions office. If you have not received any communication within one week, please contact us to inquire about the status of your application.
- Set up your MavLINK account and check your admission status on MavLINK.
- Contact the Office of Financial Support and Scholarships.
- Submit your required immunization records via the Immunization Portal in MavLINK.
Don't forget to file the FAFSA starting on October 1 for financial aid for the fall term.