International and ILUNO Students
The Undergraduate Admissions staff are currently working remotely at this time. If you have questions about your application or the admissions process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a text message at 402.554.3813 we are happy to answer all your UNO questions!
- UNO offers more than 200 accredited academic majors and programs.
- We are adaptive to the needs of all cultures and do our best to make sure all 2,000+ international students are safe, productive, and happy.
- Omaha is welcoming, fun, and affordable.
- Commitment to international students is part of our global mission.
- Undergraduate students should use this checklist to get the admissions process started.
- Intensive English Language Learners (ILUNO) students should use the ILUNO admissions checklist.
- Education Abroad facilitates the undergraduate student Exchange admissions. Get started with Education Abroad here.
- Graduate students should get started with Graduate Admissions.
International Admission Requirements
English language proficiency requirements can be fulfilled with the completion of one of the methods below. Full undergraduate admission will be awarded with qualifying English proficiency test scores. Student's who do not meet the English proficiency requirements may be eligible for admission to UNO's Intensive English Language Program (ILUNO). Students who successfully meet ILUNO program assessment and requirements may be eligible for undergraduate admission.
. Conditional Undergraduate Admission may be granted to qualifying students.
- Paper TOEFL, 500; Internet TOEFL, 61; IELTS, 6.0; and PTE, 44.
- Bachelor's degree earned at a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences earned at a regionally accredited U.S. High School.
- Graduation from a U.S. high school or 30 hours of coursework at a U.S. university or community college may be eligible for UNO's EPPE (English Placement and Proficiency Exam).
- Admission consideration may be given for a non-qualifying scores if the applicant has scored placement on the EPPE (University of Nebraska at Omaha English Placement and Proficiency Exam) in combination with completion of an English curriculum evaluated by UNO’s English department. EPPE testing for admission consideration can only be proctored by a University of Nebraska at Omaha school official and is only offered at the UNO testing center .
Prospective International students must provide proof that they have the financial resources to live and study in the United States. Proof of Financial Support is required with completion of the Financial Affidavit and current bank statements.
All new students and scholars on F-1 or J-1 visas, including those transferring from another school in the United States and those moving from ILUNO to UNO, must attend orientation. The most updated orientation schedule and registration link will be available online.
At orientation, you will meet other new students, take a campus tour, and learn about the city of Omaha. You will also receive important information about university services, immigration regulations, health services, culture shock, and special activities and clubs that involve U.S. and international students.ILUNO Intensive English Language Program