International and ILUNO Students
- UNO offers more than 200 accredited academic majors and programs.
- We are adaptive to the needs of all cultures and do our best to make sure that the over 1,600 international students who study and conduct research at UNO are safe, productive, and happy.
- Omaha is welcoming, fun, and affordable.
- Commitment to international students is part of our global mission.
UNO is Affordable to International Students
UNO offers some of the most affordable tuition rates in the region:
The process starts by completing your application for admission.
As we review your application for admission, you may qualify for our International Achievement Scholarship
Admitted students should check MavLINK for additional scholarship opportunities.
- Undergraduate students should use this checklist to get the admissions process started.
- Intensive English Language Learners (ILUNO) students should use the ILUNO admissions checklist.
- Education Abroad facilitates the undergraduate student Exchange admissions. Get started with Education Abroad here.
- Graduate students should get started with Graduate Admissions.
International Admission Requirements
English language proficiency requirements can be fulfilled with the completion of one of the methods below. Full undergraduate admission will be awarded with qualifying English proficiency test scores. Student's who do not meet the English proficiency requirements may be eligible for admission to UNO's Intensive English Language Program (ILUNO). Students who successfully meet ILUNO program assessment and requirements may be eligible for undergraduate admission. Conditional Undergraduate Admission may be granted to qualifying students.
Prospective International students must provide proof that they have the financial resources to live and study in the United States. Proof of Financial Support is required with completion of the Financial Affidavit and current bank statements.
All new students and scholars on F-1 or J-1 visas, including those transferring from another school in the United States and those moving from ILUNO to UNO, must attend orientation. The most updated orientation schedule and registration link will be available online.
At orientation, you will meet other new students, take a campus tour, and learn about the city of Omaha. You will also receive important information about university services, immigration regulations, health services, culture shock, and special activities and clubs that involve U.S. and international students.