Accommodated Student Guidelines
The Testing Center is available for UNO students with a disability who require exam accommodations that cannot be provided in the classroom. The Testing Center works with the Accessibility Services Center to provide a secure, quiet, and controlled environment for accommodated testing exams.
Advanced scheduling is necessary for testing accommodations which are determined by referral from the Accessibility Services Center director. Available accommodations include, but are not limited to: a separate room, reduced distraction space, reader, scribe, word processor, large print, extended time, and Job Access With Speech (JAWS). Visit the Accessibility Services Center website for additional information.
Student Accommodated Testing Appointment Guidelines
The Testing Center is available for students who require exam accommodations that may not be obtainable in the classroom. Specific testing accommodations can be arranged through the Testing Center in conjunction with the student, instructor(s) and Accessibility Services Center. The following are guidelines for taking an exam at the Testing Center:
- All testing is done by appointment only.
- The student must schedule testing appointments by contacting the Testing Center.
- Testing appointments are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis.
- Schedule testing appointments at least 5 business days prior to your exam.
- Appointment requests received less than 5 business days prior to your exam may not guarantee the date and time requested.
- Students are required to inform the instructor of the testing appointment date and time.
Contact the Accessibility Services Center to request placement exam accommodations.
A Testing Accommodations Responsibilities Acknowledgement form may be used by the student and instructor to help facilitate a conversation regarding the specific responsibility of each in the scheduling of an accommodated exam at the Testing Center.