Rankings and Statistics
- Ranked by Military Times as the No. 1 University for Military Friendliness (2015, 2016)
- Ranked by Military Times as the No. 1 Military Friendly Business School (2015)
- Recipient of the 2014 Presidential Award for Economic Opportunity
- Home to the NIH Center for Research in Human Movement Variability
- 10,935 Full Time students
- 4,692 Part Time
Freshman Class | 2016
- Largest Incoming Class in UNO history two years in a row: 2,069 New First-Year Students
- 45% First Generation students
- 128 Military/Veteran including dependents
- 15,627 Total Students
- Nearly 50% of all students of color in the University of Nebraska system attends UNO
- 86% of current UNO students are from Nebraska
- 112 countries represented in the International Studies Program
- External Grant Opportunities
- Number Awarded: 188
- Amount Awarded: $17,259,135
In the summer of 2016, the University of Nebraska Board of Regents approved funding to support a new institution at UNO, called the Nebraska Applied Research Institute.
- 2014 national award winner of the Presidential Award for the Economic Opportunity category of the Presidential Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll
- The Carnegie Foundation named UNO as one of the nation's leaders in engagement and outreach with the 2015 Community Engagement Classification.
- 5,929 students participated in courses with community engagement components.
- 2,132 total Faculty and Staff
- 17:1 undergraduate student-to-faculty ratio
- 13:1 graduate student-to-faculty ratio
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.