Faculty/Staff or Students
Faculty/staff and students may only purchase one valid permit per individual.
A vehicle can only be registered to one account.
Information needed prior to purchasing online:
To log into MavPARK, you will need your NetID and password (same as your Blackboard or email login). You also will need to have the make, model, color, and license plate number of your primary vehicle ready before purchasing your permit.
Faculty/staff who retire from UNO may request a surface permit free of charge. Each July, retirees will receive a postcard from Parking Services with instructions on how to request the free permit.
The following permit options are available for part-time faculty/staff (less than .49 FTE):
- Night Only Surface Permit – after 2:30 P.M.
- Lot T $5 Entry - Weeks 4-16 of Fall/Spring Semesters (all-day)
- Daily Scratch Off*
- Reduced fee West Garage Permit - $200 Annually
- Lot 26 (no permit required with free shuttles)
*These permits must be purchased at Parking Services, EAB, Room 107.
Part-time faculty/staff that purchase permit but only need it for 1 semester or an amount of consecutive months less than one year, can return it for a prorated refund of the unused time remaining on the permit.
- All persons with a state-issued handicap permit must register their ADA card with Parking Services. Individuals with a state-issued handicap permit are required to purchase and display a valid UNO parking permit. UNO-issued handicap permits will only be issued if the individual has or purchases a current UNO parking permit and presents a doctor's request with an end-date on it. Fees may be applicable.
- Vehicles bearing handicap permits may park in any stall designated for handicap parking. If no handicap stall is available, vehicles bearing handicap permits may park in any faculty/staff or student lot where the stall is not specifically reserved or assigned.
- Individuals with short-term handicap parking needs should contact Parking Services.
- Must be purchased at Parking Services, EAB 107. Vehicle information is needed to purchase unless being purchased by a department.
- Permits valid in Lots F, G, H, SMM, FCC on Dodge Campus and Lots 5 and 9 on Scott Campus.
- No refunds are available.
The University of Nebraska–Omaha (UNO) carpool program assists faculty/staff with their daily commute. Benefits of this program: Share Expenses, Reduce Carbon Footprint, Provide Reserved Parking, Decrease Stress, Reduce Permit Prices.
How it Works
Each group receives one permit. Permits are not interchangeable between groups. Each member will receive a sticker for their own registered vehicle. Any registered vehicle may be used if group’s sole permit and sticker are properly displayed.
Carpool permits are restricted to carpool spaces until 5 P.M. After 5 P.M., they can park in general use stalls.
- Current Faculty/Staff with a minimum of two participants per carpool.
- Permit must be displayed in a carpool stall. Scratch-off permits CANNOT park in a carpool space.
- Carpool permit holders cannot purchase any other annual/semester permit. If a member elects not to ride with the carpool on a given day, they must purchase/display a scratch off permit, pay $3 after 12:30pm to park in the East Garage or park at Lot 26.
The primary permit holder is charged and assigned the permit. If a carpool is formed after the start of the academic year, a prorated amount is charged.
Applying for a Carpool/Permit & Stall Location
To apply, download and complete the CARPOOL APPLICATION. Each member must meet eligibility requirements, complete and sign the application. Return to: email@example.com, Fax (402) 554-7280 or drop off at EAB 107.
All valid permits issued by other University of Nebraska system campuses (UNK, UNL and UNMC) will be honored in select lots at UNO.
Valid UNK, UNL and UNMC Faculty/Staff Permits can only park in UNO Faculty/Staff surface parking lots.
Valid UNK, UNL and UNMC Student Permits are allowed to park in:
- Dodge Campus - Lot H, First Christian Church and St. Margaret Mary
- Scott Campus - Lot 9
- Center Campus - Lot 26
These restrictions are from 7 A.M. to 5 P.M., (M-F). After 5 P.M. all University of Nebraska permits are valid in appropriate lots. Reciprocal permits are not valid at the meters from 7 A.M. to 7 P.M.
Purchasing a Permit
Faculty/staff and students purchase permits online using MavPARK. Permit sales for the next semester begin:
Fall - July 1
Spring - First day of Fall finals
Summer - First day of Spring finals
Fees for permits are due and payable at the time the permit is purchased. Full-time faculty/staff may elect to make payment through payroll deduction. Students may elect to charge a permit fee to MAVLink.
Permit Costs and Refunds
Permit Fees 2016-2017
|Day/Night East Garage||$345.00||$28.75||$14.38|
|Day/Night West Garage||$330.00||$27.50||$13.75|
|Night Only Surface||$180.00||$15.00||$7.50|
|Night Only East Garage||$172.50||$14.38||$7.19|
|Reserved Surface Stall||$880.00||$73.33|
|Reserved Garage Stall||$646.00||$53.83|
|SHORT TERM SURFACE PERMITS||Fee|
|Daily Scratch Off||$4.00|
|Day/Night East Garage (N/A for Housing Residents)||$270.00||-||-|
|Day/Night West Garage||$255.00||-||-|
|MV & UV Resident||$255.00||-||-|
|Night Only Surface||$130.00||$65.00||$32.50|
|Night Only East Garage||$130.00||-||-|
Visitor and Contractor Permits
|Night Only Surface||$170.00||$85.00||$42.50|
|SHORT TERM SURFACE PERMIT||FEE|
|Daily Scratch Off||$4.00|
Motorcycle/Scooter or Bicycle/Moped
|Motorcyle, Scooter (Motorcycle permit is free if a vehicle permit has already been purchased.)||$56.00||$28.00||$14.00|
To obtain a refund, return the permit to Parking Services.
Faculty/Staff Refund - Refund for a faculty/staff permit (except payroll deduction) will be made for each month the permit remains valid. If purchased through payroll deduction, payroll will be stopped during the month returned, and the individual will not be charged for the remainder of the permit.
Student and G.T.A. Refund - Refund for a permit purchased on or before the first day fall/spring semesters will be made within:
- Week 1-2 - 100% of the original fee
- Week 3 - 75% of the original fee
- Week 4 - 50% of the original fee
- Week 5 - 25% refund of the original fee
- Week 6 and beyond - no refunds
Refund for a permit purchased mid-semester will be made within the first two weeks of the date of purchase for 100% of the purchase price. No refunds issued after two weeks.
To upgrade a permit, a refund will be issued on the current permit based on the refund policy. After a refund is issued, the individual requesting the upgrade may purchase the new permit online.
If payment is made by check, a refund will take seven days to process and issue.
Displaying A Permit
Expired permits must be removed and destroyed before affixing a current/new permit. Valid UNO permits are transferable between vehicles and hanger-style. The primary vehicle must be registered on the account with the permit.
The permit should be displayed on the vehicle's rearview mirror support bracket. The permit, including the permit number, must be visible from the outside of the vehicle while parked on UNO’s campus. Failure to display a permit will result in a violation.
Should your permit be lost/destroyed, you can obtain a replacement for a $25 fee. More information can be found in the parking regulations.