Faculty/Staff or Students
Faculty/staff and students may only purchase one valid permit per individual.
A vehicle can only be registered to one account. This means if you have a vehicle that is sometimes used by a student, and other times used by an employee, you will need to decide which permit to associate that vehicle to, and only park in a space where that permit is valid.
Permits are sold on MavPARK. To purchase a permit, you will need your NetID and password (same as your Blackboard or email login) and the make, model, color, and license plate number of the vehicle(s).
Plate Linking Instructions
You can associate license plates at the time of the permit sale, or later manage plates linked to your permit.
- On the MavPark home page, click on "Affiliated Login"
- Enter NetID and Password
- Click on "Manage Your Permits"
- Click on your current permit
From this screen, you can view vehicles currently linked to your permit as well as add or delete vehicles from your permit.
To ADD a vehicle:
Click on the "Add Vehicles to Permit" box at bottom of page.
- If the vehicle is already listed, check the box next to it and click "Add Selected Vehicle"
- If not listed, click "Add new vehicle" and input the requested information.
- Click "next" and the vehicle will be added to the list
Note: If you are trying to update a vehicle, you will be unable to edit. You will add a new vehicle and then delete the old vehicle.
Faculty/staff who retire fromUNOO may request a virtual surface permit, free of charge. Each July, retirees will receive a postcard from Parking Services with instructions on how to request the free permit. If a retiree returns to work forUNOO, these permits can be used as long as theFTEE is .49 or less.
The following permit options are available for part-time faculty/staff (less than .49FTEE):
- MavRide - Ride all Metro bus routes for free
- Night Only Surface Permit – after 2:30 P.M.
- Lot T $5 Entry at Kiosk - Weeks 3-16 of Fall/Spring Semesters (all-day)
- Daily/Hourly Permit Options (in West or Pacific Street Garage only)*
- Reduced fee West or Pacific Street Garage Permit - $200 Annually
- Park Omaha App after 12:30 P.M. in the East Garage (All Levels)
- Lot 26 (no permit required with limited shuttle service)
*These permits must be pre-purchased online or paid upon arrival and parked at the Park Omaha App or at kiosks in either garage.
Part-time faculty/staff that purchase an annual permit but only need it for one semester or an amount of consecutive months less than one year, can return it for a prorated refund of the unused time remaining on the permit.
- All persons with a state-issued handicap permit must register theirADAA card with Parking Services and purchase a validUNOO virtual parking permit. UNO-issued handicap permits will only be issued if the individual has or purchases a currentUNOO parking permit and presents a doctor's request with an end-date on it. Fees may be applicable.
- Vehicles bearing handicap permits may park in any space designated for handicap parking. If no handicap space is available, vehicles bearing handicap permits may park in any faculty/staff or student lot where the space is not specifically reserved or assigned.
- Individuals with short-term handicap parking needs should contact Parking Services.
The Pacific Street Garage and West Parking Garage are available for daily or hourly parking with the ParkOmaha app or kiosks. ParkOmaha zone numbers are posted at eligible locations. To end your parking early on the App, just tap the "end parking" button on your session, and you will be charged only what time you used.
The Park Omaha App and Daily permits are available and valid ONLY after 12:30 P.M. in all levels of the East Garage.
Advanced purchase, full-day permits are available via MavPARK for a discounted price.
Park Omaha Zone Locations
|Lot A (visitor)||1130||Lot V||1025|
|Lot M (visitor)||1026||Lot U||1223|
|West Garage||1027||Lot T||1224|
|Pac St Garage||1028|
*NO KIOSK RECEIPT NEEDED on vehicle dash, since the kiosk collects your plate information.
TheUNOO carpool program assists faculty/staff and students with their daily commute. More information can be found on the Sustainable Transportation page.
All valid permits issued by other University of Nebraska system campuses UNK, UNL andUNMC) will be honored in select lots at UNO.
These permit holders must contact UNO Parking Services to register their UNK, UNL and UNMC permits.
Valid UNK, UNL and UNMC Faculty/Staff or Student Permits can only park in:
- Dodge Campus - West Garage, First Christian Church and St. Margaret Mary Church
- Scott Campus - Pacific Street Garage
- Center Campus - Lot 26
These restrictions are from 7 A.M. to 5 P.M., (M-F). After 5 P.M. all University of Nebraska permits are valid in appropriate lots. Reciprocal permits are not valid at the meters from 7 A.M. to 7 P.M.
Note: If you need to visit UNK, UNL or UNMC, a physical permit is required. Please contact UNO Parking Services for a physical permit for that use.
Purchasing a Permit
Faculty/staff and students purchase permits online using MavPARK. Permit sales for the next semester begin:
Fall - July 1
Spring - First day of Fall finals
Summer - First day of Spring finals
Full-time faculty/staff may elect to make payment through payroll deduction. Students permit purchase fees will transfer to MAVLink.
Permit Costs and Refunds
Permit Fees 2017-2018 (On Sale July 1)
Note: West Garage is WPG and Pacific Street Garage is PSG. East Garage consists of T, U and V
|PERMIT TYPE||ANNUAL||MONTHLY||BI-WEEKLY||VALID LOTS|
|Day/Night East Garage||$355.00||$29.58||$14.79||U,T,4,5,14,PSG|
|Day/Night West or PS Garage||$340.00||$28.33||$14.17||WPG or PSG|
|Night Only Surface||$192.50||$16.04||$8.02||G(F),M,R,S,W,Y,4,5,14|
|Night Only East Garage||$177.50||$14.79||$7.40||U,T,4,5,14,PSG|
|Reserved Surface Stall||$900.00||$75.00||Assigned|
|Reserved Garage Stall||$660.00||$55.00||Assigned|
|SHORT TERM PERMIT||Fee|
|Daily Online Virtual||$3.50||G(F),M,R,S,W,Y,4,5,14,WPG,PSG|
|PERMIT TYPE||ANNUAL||SEM.||SUMMER||VALID LOTS|
|Day/Night East Garage (N/A for Housing)||$280.00||-||-||V,T,2,5,14,PSG|
|Day/Night West or PS Garage (not both)||$265.00||-$132.50||-||
WPG(WPG,2,5,14) / PSG(PSG ONLY)
|Scott Resident (Surface or Garage)
SURFACE(10-13) / PSG(PSG ONLY)
|MV & UV Resident||$265.00||-||-||WPG,L|
|Night Only Surface||$142.50||$71.25||$35.63||F,G(S),H,K,N,Z,2,5,14|
|Night Only East Garage||$140.00||-||-||V,T,2,5,14,PSG|
|Night Only West or PS Garage||$132.50||$66.25||
WPG(WPG,2,5,14) / PSG(PSG ONLY)
|SHORT TERM PERMITS||Fee|
|Daily Online Virtual||$3.50||F,G(S),H,K,N,Z,2,5,14,WPG,PSG|
|PERMIT TYPE||ANNUAL||SEM.||SUMMER||VALID LOTS|
|Day/Night Visitor Surface||$360.00||$180.00||$90.00||Fac/Staff/Stud Surface Lots, WPG, PSG|
|Night Only Visitor Surface||$180.00||$90.00||$45.00||Fac/Staff/Stud Surface Lots, WPG, PSG|
|Daily Online Virtual||$3.00||Fac/Staff/Stud Surface Lots, WPG, PSG|
|30 Days||$45.00||Fac/Staff/Stud Surface Lots, WPG, PSG|
Motorcycle/Scooter or Bicycle/Moped
|Motorcycle, Scooter (Free with Vehicle Permit.)||$60.00||$30.00||$15.00||Motorcycle Areas Only|
To obtain a refund, contact Parking Services.
Faculty/Staff Refund - Refund for a faculty/staff permit (except payroll deduction) will be made for each month the permit remains valid. If purchased through payroll deduction, payroll will be stopped during the month returned, and the individual will not be charged for the remainder of the permit.
Student and G.T.A. Refund - Refund for a permit purchased on or before the first day fall/spring semesters will be made within:
- Week 1-2 - 100% of the original fee
- Week 3 - 75% of the original fee
- Week 4 - 50% of the original fee
- Week 5 - 25% refund of the original fee
- Week 6 and beyond - no refunds
Refund for a permit purchased mid-semester will be made within the first two weeks of the date of purchase for 100% of the purchase price. No refunds issued after two weeks.
To upgrade a permit, a refund will be issued on the current permit based on the refund policy. After a refund is issued, the individual requesting the upgrade may purchase the new permit online.
If payment is made by check, a refund will take seven days to process and issue.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.