Faculty/staff, residents and students may only purchase one valid semester or annual permit per individual.
A vehicle can only be registered to one account. This means if you have a vehicle that is sometimes used by a student, and other times used by an employee or another student or visitor, you will need to decide which permit to associate that vehicle to, and only park in a space where that permit is valid. Both vehicles cannot share a permit and be parked on campus at the same time.
Permits are sold on MavPARK. To purchase a permit, you will need your NetID and password (same as your Canvas or email login) and the make, model, color, and license plate number of the vehicle(s).
Plate Linking Instructions
You can associate license plates at the time of the permit sale, or later manage plates linked to your permit.
- On the MavPark home page, click on "Affiliated Login"
- Enter NetID and Password
- Click on "Manage Your Permits"
- Click on your current permit
From this screen, you can view vehicles currently linked to your permit as well as add or delete vehicles from your permit.
TO ADD A VEHICLE:
Click on the "Add Vehicles to Permit" box at bottom of page.
- If the vehicle is already listed, check the box next to it and click "Add Selected Vehicle"
- If not listed, click "Add new vehicle" and input the requested information.
- Click "next" and the vehicle will be added to the list
Note: If you are trying to update a vehicle, you will be unable to edit. You will add a new vehicle and then delete the old vehicle.
If you do not have plates, please contact our office to enter the VIN. Once plates are on the vehicle, it must be registered with the new plates. Parking Services will not read the VIN if the vehicle has plates.
Faculty/Staff All-Access Permit
Faculty/staff All-Access permit is valid in the East Garage (Lots U and T), the West Garage, and the Pacific St. Garage along with all faculty/staff surface lots in general use stalls. There are no time restrictions to this permit. If an All-Access Permit is purchased, no University Business permit will be issued.
Faculty/staff who retire from UNO may request a virtual surface permit, free of charge. Each July, retirees will receive a postcard from Parking Services with instructions on how to request the free permit. If a retiree returns to work for UNO, these permits can be used as long as the FTE is .49 or less. A retiree permit will not be issued if there are outstanding violations on MavPark or MavLink.
The following permit options are available for part-time faculty/staff (less than .49 FTE):
- MavRide - Ride all Metro bus routes for free
- Night Only Surface Permit – after 2:30 P.M.
- Lot T $5 Entry at Kiosk - Weeks 3-16 of Fall/Spring Semesters (all-day)*
- Daily/Hourly Permit Options (in West or Pacific Street Garage only)*
- Reduced fee West or Pacific Street Garage Permit - $200 Annually
- Park Omaha App after 12:30 P.M. in the East Garage (All Levels) and Lot 5*
*These permits must be pre-purchased online or paid upon arrival and parked at the Park Omaha App or at kiosks in either garage.
Part-time faculty/staff that purchase an annual permit but only need it for one semester or an amount of consecutive months less than one year, can return it for a prorated refund of the unused time remaining on the permit.
- All persons with a state-issued handicap permit must register their ADA card with Parking Services and purchase a valid UNO virtual parking permit.
- UNO-issued handicap permits will only be issued if the individual has or purchases a current UNO parking permit and presents a doctor's request with their name and an end-date on it. Fees may be applicable.
- Vehicles bearing handicap permits, with a valid UNO virutal permit, may park in any space designated for handicap parking. If no handicap space is available, vehicles bearing handicap permits, with a valid UNO virutal permit,may park in any faculty/staff or student lot where the space is not specifically reserved or assigned.
- Individuals with short-term handicap parking needs should contact Parking Services. (this includes injury, pregnancy or other temporary ADA access needs)
- NOTE: If the ADA permit is not registered to you, you are legally unable to use that permit. It will not be registered to your account. If you are found using an ADA permit not issued to you, you will be issued a first, second or third offense Unauthorized Handicap Violation.
The Pacific St. Garage and West Garage are available for daily/hourly parking with the ParkOmaha app or kiosks. ParkOmaha zone numbers are posted at eligible locations. To end your parking early on the App, just tap the "end parking" button on your session, and you will be charged only what time you used.
The Park Omaha app and daily permits are available and valid ONLY after 12:30 P.M. in all levels of the East Garage. The kiosk in Lot 5 is available after 12:30 P.M.
Advanced purchase, full-day permits are available via MavPARK for a discounted price.
Park Omaha Zone Locations
|Lot A (visitor)||1130||Lot V||1025|
|Lot M (visitor)||1026||Lot U||1223|
|West Garage||1027||Lot T||1224|
|Pac St Garage||1028||Lot C (visitor)||1384|
*NO KIOSK RECEIPT NEEDED on vehicle dash, since the kiosk collects your plate information.
No Refunds are provided for daily/hourly permit options.
The UNO carpool program assists faculty/staff and students with their daily commute. More information can be found on the Sustainable Transportation page.
All valid permits issued by UNK, UNL and UNMC will be honored in select lots at UNO.
RECIPROCAL PERMIT HOLDERS MUST CONTACT UNO PARKING SERVICES TO REGISTER THEIR UNK, UNL AND UNMC PERMITS AND VEHICLE INFORMATION.
UNL, UNMC, and UNK FACULTY/STAFF permits are valid in:
- Dodge Campus - East Garage Lots T and U, West Garage and Faculty/Staff surface lots
- Scott Campus - Pacific Street Garage and Faculty/Staff surface lots
UNL, UNMC, and UNK STUDENT permits are valid in:
- Dodge Campus - East Garage Lots V and T, West Garage and Student surface lots
- Scott Campus - Pacific Street Garage and Student surface lots
These restrictions are from 7 A.M. to 5 P.M., (M-F). After 5 P.M. all University of Nebraska permits are valid in appropriate lots. Reciprocal permits are not valid at the meters from 7 A.M. to 7 P.M. (M-F). Reciprocal permits are not valid in Visitor Lots 3, KV, and 8.
UNO PERMIT HOLDERS: To visit UNL, UNMC, or UNK, a physical permit is required. Please contact UNO Parking Services for a physical permit for that use. The physical permit will have the same dates as your already purchased UNO virutal permit.
A UNO permit will supersede a reciprocal permit if both have been purchased. University business permits are not available for reciprocal permit holders.
Faculty/staff, residents and students purchase permits online using MavPARK. Permit sales for the next semester begin:
Fall Semester - July 1
Spring Semester - First day of Fall finals
Summer Sessions- First day of Spring finals
Full-time faculty/staff may elect to make payment through payroll deduction.
Student, resident and G.T.A. permit purchase fees will post to MAVLink. If permits are not paid on Mavlink, a hold will be placed on the account allowing no other permit purchases until that permit is paid.
Permit Fees 2018-2019 (On Sale July 1)
Note: West Garage is WPG and Pacific Street Garage is PSG. East Garage consists of T, U and V
|PERMIT TYPE||ANNUAL||MONTHLY||BI-WEEKLY||VALID LOTS|
|Day/Night East Garage||$355.00||$29.58||$14.79||U,T,PSG|
|Day/Night West or PS Garage||$340.00||$28.33||$14.17||WPG or PSG|
|Night Only Surface||$192.50||$16.04||$8.02||G(F),M,R,S,W,Y,4,5,14|
|Night Only East Garage||$177.50||$14.79||$7.40||U,T,PSG|
|Reserved Surface Stall||$900.00||$75.00||Assigned|
|Reserved Garage Stall||$660.00||$55.00||Assigned|
|All-Access (F/S lots)||$540.00||$45.00||
|SHORT TERM PERMIT||Fee|
|Daily Online Virtual||$3.50||G(F),M,R,S,W,Y,4,5,14,WPG,PSG|
|PERMIT TYPE||ANNUAL||SEM.||SUMMER||VALID LOTS|
|Day/Night East Garage (N/A for Housing)||$280.00||-||-||V,T,PSG|
|Day/Night West or PS Garage (not both)||$265.00||-$132.50||-||
WPG ONLY or PSG ONLY
|Scott Resident (Surface or Garage)
SURFACE(10-13) / PSG(PSG ONLY)
|MV & UV Resident||$265.00||-||-||WPG,L|
|Night Only Surface||$142.50||$71.25||$35.63||F,G(S),H,K,N,Z,2,5,14|
|Night Only East Garage||$140.00||-||-||V,T,PSG|
|Night Only West or PS Garage||$132.50||$66.25||
WPG ONLY or PSG ONLY
|SHORT TERM PERMITS||Fee|
|Daily Online Virtual||$3.50||F,G(S),H,K,N,Z,2,5,14,WPG,PSG|
|PERMIT TYPE||ANNUAL||SEM.||SUMMER||VALID LOTS|
|Day/Night Visitor Surface||$360.00||$180.00||$90.00||Fac/Staff/Stud Surface Lots, WPG, PSG|
|Night Only Visitor Surface||$180.00||$90.00||$45.00||Fac/Staff/Stud Surface Lots, WPG, PSG|
|Daily Online Virtual||$3.00||Fac/Staff/Stud Surface Lots, WPG, PSG|
|30 Days||$45.00||Fac/Staff/Stud Surface Lots, WPG, PSG|
Motorcycle/Scooter or Bicycle/Moped
|Motorcycle, Scooter (Free with Vehicle Permit.)||$60.00||$30.00||$15.00||Motorcycle Areas Only|
|Bicycle, Moped||Free||-||-||Bicycle Stands|
To obtain a refund, contact Parking Services.
Faculty/Staff Refund - Refund for a faculty/staff permit (except payroll deduction) will be made for each month the permit remains valid. If purchased through payroll deduction, payroll will be stopped during the month returned, and the individual will not be charged for the remainder of the permit.
Student and G.T.A. Refund - Refund for a permit purchased on or before the first day fall/spring semesters will be made within:
- Week 1-2 - 100% of the original fee
- Week 3 - 75% of the original fee
- Week 4 - 50% of the original fee
- Week 5 - 25% refund of the original fee
- Week 6 and beyond - no refunds
Refund for a permit purchased mid-semester will be made within the first two weeks of the date of purchase for 100% of the purchase price. No refunds issued after two weeks.
To upgrade a permit, a refund will be issued on the current permit based on the refund policy. After a refund is issued, the individual requesting the upgrade may purchase the new permit online.
If payment is made by check, a refund will take seven days to process and issue.
To exchange or upgrade a permit you must request in person at the Parking Services office, or email UNOParking@unomaha.edu. Requests take up to 24 hours, and you will receive an email to your UNO account of the new permit details the next business day