Faculty/Staff, Resident or Student
Faculty/Staff Surface/Garage Combo Permit
Reciprocal Permit (UNL, UNMC, UNK)
Faculty/staff, residents, and students may only purchase one semester or annual permit per individual.
A vehicle can only be registered to one account. This means if you have a vehicle that is sometimes used by a student, and other times used by an employee or another student or visitor, you will need to decide which permit to associate that vehicle to, and only park in a space where that permit is valid.
Two vehicles cannot share a permit and be parked on-campus at the same time. if this occurs the account will risk a violation. Multiple occurances of this vioaltion will risk a 6-month ban from parking on campus.
Buying a Permit
Permits are sold on MavPARK.
To purchase a permit, you will need:
- Your NetID and password (same as your Canvas or email login)
- Make, Model, Color of the vehicle(s)
- License plate number of the vehicle(s)
Plate Linking Instructions
You can associate license plates at the time of the permit sale, or throughout the academic year.
- On the MavPARK home page, click on "Affiliated Login"
- Enter NetID and Password
- Click on "Manage Your Permits"
- Click on your current permit
From this screen, you can view vehicles currently linked to your permit as well as add or delete vehicles from your permit.
How to Add a Vehicle
Click on the "Add Vehicles to Permit" box at bottom of page.
- If the vehicle is already listed, check the box next to it and click "Add Selected Vehicle"
- If not listed, click "Add new vehicle" and input the requested information.
- Click "next" and the vehicle will be added to the list
If you are trying to update a vehicle, you will be unable to edit. You will add a new vehicle and then delete the old vehicle.
If you do not have plates, please contact our office to enter the VIN. Once plates are on the vehicle, it must be registered with the new plates. Parking Services will not read the VIN if the vehicle has plates.
Once the vehicle is added, you will go to your most current permit and link the new vehicle to your permit. There is a maximum of two (2) vehicles that can be linked to the permit.
The Faculty/Staff Surface/Garage Combo permit, formerly known as the All-Access Permit, is valid in the East Parking Garage, the West Parking Garage, and the Pacific Street Garage, along with all faculty/staff surface lots in general use stalls between 7 A.M. -2:30 P.M. After 2:30 P.M., this permit is also valid in all Student surface lots.
If a Surface/Garage Combo permit is purchased, no University Business permit will be issued.
Faculty/staff who retire from UNO may request a virtual permit, free of charge. The permit is valid in any faculty/staff surface or garage lot in "general-use" spaces ONLY.
Each July, retirees will receive a postcard from Parking Services with instructions on how to request the permit.
If a retiree returns to work for UNO, these permits can be used as long as the FTE is .49 or less. A retiree permit will not be issued if there are outstanding violations on MavPARK or MavLINK.
The following permit options are available for part-time faculty/staff (less than .49 FTE):
- MavRide - Ride all Metro bus routes for free
- Night-Only Permit – after 2:30 P.M.
- East Parking Garage $3.50 Entry at Kiosk - Weeks 3-16 of Fall/Spring Semesters (all-day)*
- Daily/Hourly Permit Options (in East, West and Pacific St Garage only)*
- Park Omaha App in the East Garage (All Levels)*
- Kiosk hourly parking in Lot 5
*These permits must be pre-purchased online or paid upon arrival and parked at the Park Omaha App or at kiosks in either garage.
Part-time faculty/staff who purchase an annual permit but only need it for one semester or an amount of consecutive months less than one year, can return it for a prorated refund of the unused time remaining on the permit by contacting Parking and Transit Services.
- All persons with a state-issued ADA permit must register their ADA card with Parking Services and purchase a valid UNO virtual parking permit.
- UNO-issued ADA permits will only be issued if the individual has purchased a current UNO parking permit and presents a doctor's request with their name and an end-date on it.
- Vehicles bearing ADA permits, with a valid UNO virutal permit, may park in any space designated for ADA parking. If no ADA space is available, vehicles bearing ADA permits, with a valid UNO virutal permit, may park in any faculty/staff or student lot where the space/lot is not specifically reserved or assigned.
- Individuals with short-term ADA parking needs should contact Parking Services (this includes injury, pregnancy or other temporary ADA access needs).
If the ADA permit is not registered to you, you are legally unable to use that permit. It will not be registered to your account. If you are found using an ADA permit not issued to you, you will be issued a first, second, or third offense Unauthorized Handicap Violation.
To register your permit, please provide a photo to email@example.com, of the wallet-sized card issued by the state. If you do not have this card, please send a photo of the permit and Parking Services will confirm with the state that the permit has been issued to you.
The Pacific Street Garage and West Parking Garage are available for daily/hourly parking with the ParkOmaha app or kiosks. ParkOmaha zone numbers are posted at eligible locations.
To end your parking early on the App, just tap the "end parking" button on your session, and you will be charged only for the time you used.
The Park Omaha app and daily permits are available in all levels of the East Parking Garage after 12:30 P.M.
Advanced purchase, full-day permits are available via MavPARK.
Park Omaha Zone Locations
|Lot A (Two (2) Hour Limit)
||1130||East Garage Level 3 (after 12:30 P.M.)
|Lot M (Seven (7) Designated Stalls, Two (2) Hour Limit)
||1026||East Garage Level 2 (after 12:30 P.M.)
|West Parking Garage||1027||East Garage Level 1 (after 12:30 P.M.)
|Pacific Street Garage||1028||Lot C (Two (2) Hour Limit)
*NO KIOSK RECEIPT NEEDED on vehicle dash, since the kiosk collects your plate information. No Refunds are provided for daily/hourly permit options.
The UNO carpool program assists faculty/staff and students with their daily commute. More information can be found on the Sustainable Transportation page.
All valid permits issued by UNK, UNL and UNMC will be honored in select lots at UNO.
Reciprocal permit holders must email UNO Parking and Transit Services to register their UNK, UNL, or UNMC permit, NUID, and vehicle information.
UNL, UNMC, and UNK FACULTY/STAFF permits are valid in:
- Dodge Campus - East Parking Garage, West Parking Garage, and Faculty/Staff surface lots
- Scott Campus - Pacific Street Garage and Faculty/Staff surface lots
UNL, UNMC, and UNK STUDENT permits are valid in:
- Dodge Campus - East Parking Garage, West Parking Garage, and Student surface lots
- Scott Campus - Pacific Street Garage and Student surface lots
These restrictions are from 7 A.M. to 2:30 P.M., (M-F). After 2:30 P.M. all University of Nebraska permits are valid in appropriate lots.
Reciprocal permits are not valid in pay-to-park Lots A, C and M from 7 A.M. to 7 P.M. (M-F). All vehicles must pay with the Park Omaha App in these spaces. Reciprocal permits are not valid in Visitor Lots 3, Resident Clubhouse lots, and 8.
UNO Permit Holders: To visit UNL, UNMC, or UNK, a physical permit is required. Contact UNO Parking Services for a physical permit for that use. The physical permit will have the same dates as the already purchased, UNO virtual permit.
A UNO permit will supersede a reciprocal permit if both have been purchased. University business permits are not available for reciprocal permit holders.
Faculty/staff, residents and students purchase permits online using MavPARK. Permit sales for the next semester begin:
- Fall Semester - August 1
- Spring Semester - First day of fall finals
- Summer Sessions- First day of spring finals
Full-time faculty/staff may elect to make payment through payroll deduction.
Student, resident, and G.T.A. permit purchase fees will post to MavLINK.
- If permits are not paid on MavLINK, a hold will be placed on the account allowing no other permit purchases until that permit is paid, and the vehicle(s) will be placed on the tow list.
Permit Fees 2021-2022
Note: East Parking Garage is EPG, West Parking Garage is WPG, and Pacific Street Garage is PSG.
|PERMIT TYPE||ANNUAL||MONTHLY||BI-WEEKLY||VALID LOTS|
|Surface Day/Night||$385.00||$32.08||$16.04||I, M, O, R, S, W, Y, 4, 5, 9(S), 14|
|Surface/Garage Combo||$540.00||$45.00||$22.50||EPG, WPG, PSG, I, M, O, R, S, W, Y, 4, 5, 9(S), 14|
|Surface/Garage Night-Only||$192.50||$16.04||$8.02||EPG, WPG, PSG, F, G, H, I, K, M, N, O, R, S, W, Y, 2, 4, 5, 9(S), 14|
|EPG Day/Night||$355.00||$29.58||$14.79||EPG, PSG|
|SHORT TERM PERMIT||Fee|
|Daily Online Virtual||$3.50||I, M, O, R, S, W, Y, 4, 5, 9(S), 14, WPG, PSG|
|PERMIT TYPE||ANNUAL||SEM.||SUMMER||VALID LOTS|
|Surface Day/Night Commuter||$285.00||$142.50||$71.25||F, G, H, K, N, Y, Z, 2, 5, 9(S), 14|
|Surface/Garage Night-Only Commuter||$142.50||$71.25||$35.63||EPG, WPG, PSG, F, G, H, I, K, M, N, O, R, S, W, Y, Z, 2, 4, 5, 9(S), 14|
|EPG Day/Night Commuter||$280.00||$140.00||$70.00||EPG, PSG|
|WPG Day/Night Commuter||$265.00||$132.50||$66.25||WPG|
|PSG Day/Night Commuter||$190.00||$95.00||$47.50||PSG|
|MV/UV Resident||$265.00||-||-||L, WPG|
|Scott Resident Surface||$265.00||-||-||10-13|
|Scott Resident Garage||$265.00||-||-||PSG|
|SHORT TERM PERMITS||Fee|
|Daily Online Virtual||$3.50||F, G, H, K, N, Y, Z, 2, 5, 9(S), 14, WPG, PSG|
|PERMIT TYPE||ANNUAL||SEM.||SUMMER||VALID LOTS|
|Day/Night Visitor||$360.00||$180.00||$90.00||Faculty/Staff/Student Surface Lots, WPG, PSG|
|Night-Only Visitor||$180.00||$90.00||$45.00||Faculty/Staff/Student Surface Lots, WPG, PSG|
|Daily Online Virtual||$3.50||Faculty/Staff/Student Surface Lots, WPG, PSG|
|30 Days||$45.00||Faculty/Staff/Student Surface Lots, WPG, PSG|
Motorcycle/Scooter or Bicycle/Moped
|PERMIT TYPE||ANNUAL||SEM.||SUMMER||VALID LOTS|
|Motorcycle, Scooter (Free with Vehicle Permit.)||$60.00||$30.00||$15.00||Motorcycle Areas Only|
|Bicycle, Moped||FREE||-||-||Bicycle Stands|
To obtain a refund, contact Parking and Transit Services.
Faculty/Staff Refund - Refund for a faculty/staff permit (except payroll deduction) will be made for each month the permit remains valid. If purchased through payroll deduction, payroll will be stopped during the month returned, and the individual will not be charged for the remainder of the permit.
Student and G.T.A. Refund - Refund for a permit purchased on or before the first day fall/spring semesters will be made within:
- Week 1-2 - 100% of the original fee
- Week 3 - 75% of the original fee
- Week 4 - 50% of the original fee
- Week 5 - 25% refund of the original fee
- Week 6 and beyond - no refunds
Refund for a permit purchased mid-semester will be made within the first two weeks of the date of purchase for 100% of the purchase price. No refunds issued after two weeks.
To upgrade a permit, a refund will be issued on the current permit based on the refund policy. After a refund is issued, the individual requesting the upgrade may purchase the new permit online.
If payment is made by check, a refund will take seven days to process and issue.
To exchange or upgrade a permit you must request in person at the Parking and Transit Services office, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests take up to 24 hours, and you will receive an email to your UNO account of the new permit details the next business day.