CLEP (College Level Examination Program)
How to Register for a CLEP Exam
- Decide which CLEP test(s) to take.
- UNO students should refer to the Credit by Examination Policy for a list of UNO approved tests as some restrictions apply at UNO.
- UNO Testing Center administers all CLEP tests, even those that are not accepted for credit at UNO
- UNO Testing Center permits examinees that are not UNO students to take CLEP tests.
- Students seeking credit at other institutions should check with their school for approved tests.
2. Individuals can find information on how to register to take a CLEP exam in the CLEP Information for Candidates bulletin.
3. Create an online account through the CLEP.
4. Register online for your test(s).
- Be prepared to submit the $89.00 test fee online to CLEP at the time you register.
- UNO Testing Center will assess a $25.00 non-refundable service fee on your test day.
- An additional UNO $10.00 non-refundable essay fee may be required for some exams.
- You must pay UNO Testing Center separately for each exam you take.
5. Military personnel and civilian employees may be eligible for reimbursement of the $89.00 CLEP fee, but the UNO Testing Center $25.00 and possible $10.00 essay fee will not be waived or reimbursed. Please refer to CLEP for Military, DANTES Eligibility Chart, and the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs. Any reimbursement must be requested through CLEP and/or the Dept. of Veterans Affairs; UNO Testing Center is not part of this process.
6. Print-out your voucher/registration ticket. UNO Testing Center requires that you present this voucher on your appointment date to verify your registration with CLEP. You may not test without it.
7. Call the UNO Testing Center to schedule your appointment.
8. If you do not pass your CLEP test, but you wish to try again, you must wait three months before retesting in that particular subject. See what your score means.