Acceptable Forms of Identification:
The university requires a student's picture and identification to be compared and verified before a MavCARD is issued. A student must provide identification from one of the following categories to make this comparison:
One form of government-issued identification. Acceptable identification includes:• Domestic or foreign driver’s license
• Military ID
• Domestic or foreign passport
• Other state/government identification that includes your photograph and name
Two forms of other identification, at least one of which contains your photograph and name. Accepted other forms of identification include:• A high school identification card
• School yearbook with photo and name
• High school diploma
• Birth certificate
• Medicare or Medicaid card with your name
• Other permanent residence cards
Please check with the MavCARD office for other acceptable forms of identification not listed above. You must also have your NUID (Student ID) number and students must be enrolled in at least one class in order to receive a MavCARD.
Please note, MavCARD is not considered a legal form of identification and is not be used for purposes outside of the University of Nebraska.
Adding Funds to MavCARD:
Money can be loaded to your MavCARD, to make purchases at off and on campus businesses. Please read the Cardholder Agreement before depositing money onto your MavCARD. MavMONEY cannot be used to pay tuition.
Renewing your MavCARD:
Cardholders do not need to obtain a new MavCARD each year and may re-use their MavCARD from a prior enrollment period unless access, status or other factors need to be updated or if the card is lost, stolen or damaged.
Lost or Stolen Cards:
The cardholder is responsible for immediately reporting a lost or stolen card. Reports must be made either in person in the MavCARD Services Office or by phone: 402.554.2220. You can also log onto MavCARD Online or the MavCARD Mobile app to report your card lost or stolen. Once the card is reported lost or stolen, your card will be deactivated so it can no longer be used. The replacement fee for lost or stolen cards is $15.
The university is not responsible for the use of a lost or stolen card.
Fees cover maintenance on all machines and equipment used to process MavCARDs.
To Obtain a MavCARD:
In order to obtain a MavCARD, you can visit the remote process for new students or new faculty and staff or visit MavCARD Services Office for acquiring your MavCARD. The MavCARD Services Office is located on the 2nd floor of the Milo Bail Student Center.
- UNO MavCARD Services’ Personal Zoom Meeting Room
Tuesday and Thursday ONLY 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Zoom Waiting Room is not operational during the University Academic Holidays
- UNO MavCARD Services DocuSign Form
lf you prefer, you can upload your identification through the UNO DocuSign Form
- Visit MavCARD Services in-person
Located in the Milo Bail Student Center, 2nd floor, Room 216
Regular Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Photo Guidelines & Uploading Process:
Chosen Name Procedures:
MavCARD Services will process and print a new MavCARD for cardholders who want to designate a chosen name on their MavCARD. The chosen name will be printed on the front of the MavCARD. MavCARD Services does not designate a cardholder’s chosen name. In order for MavCARD to process and print a MavCARD with a chosen name, the following steps must be taken.
- Cardholders must first designate a chosen name through the following departments:
• Students: Designate through MavLINK per the University Registrar’s office.
• Faculty and Staff: Contact Human Resources at 402.554.3886
- After a chosen name has been designated through the appropriate system or department, the cardholder may visit the MavCARD Services office for their card to be printed. A fee of $15 will be applied to any cardholder requesting a new card to be printed with a chosen name