Transfer Credit Policies and Procedures
Requirements for Transferring Credits
Before UNO can award a transfer credit, the following requirements must be met:
- Only college level courses with a grade of "C-" or better will be accepted for transfer from a regionally accredited two- and four-year college or university. (The College of Business Administration requires a grade of "C" or better for transfer.)
- All international transcripts are reviewed for comparability and appropriateness for academic transfer.
- All credit hours transferable are converted to semester credit hours (e.g., one-quarter hour equals 2/3 of a semester credit).
- Grades earned at another institution do not become a part of the student's UNO cumulative grade point average, unless earned at another University of Nebraska campus:
University of Nebraska Lincoln (UNL)
University of Nebraska Kearney (UNK)
University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
- A maximum of 64-66 semester credit hours may be transferred from a two-year/junior or community college.
Mailing your Transcripts to UNO
In order to award transfer credit, an official, sealed transcript from each college/university previously attended should be sent to:
University of Nebraska Omaha
Undergraduate Admissions Office
6001 Dodge Street
Eppley Administration Building, Room 111
Omaha, NE 68182-0286
Sending your Electronic Transcripts to UNO
If the school uses an electronic transcript service, please send electronic transcripts to email@example.com.
For more information, please view our Transfer Articulation Guide.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.