Before You Apply
Review the Admission Requirements
- Transfer credits are initially screened by the Undergraduate Admissions Office. As soon as you have been admitted, your transfer records are forwarded to the dean of your college. Usually credits earned with a 'C-' or better from a regionally accredited institution may be applied toward a baccalaureate degree. Credit applicable for one major may not necessarily apply toward another major. The responsibility for determining the manner, in which transfer credit is applied toward degree requirements, rests with each college.
- A maximum of 64 semester credit hours from regionally accredited two-year colleges will be allowed for transfer to most undergraduate UNO colleges. The only exception to this rule is the College of Engineering which allows a maximum of 66 transfer semester credit hours.
- Please see Transfer Coursework Equivalent/Articulation Guide for more information.
Choose a desired area of study:
The Admission Process
- Pay a non-refundable $45 application fee.
- Please be prepared to submit your payment at the end of the application process to avoid delays. Applicants who pay the $45 fee and do not enroll are eligible to submit a new application within one year at no additional charge. Additional information is available on the Application Fee Guidelines page.
- Request official high school transcript be sent to UNO. Visit the school's website for transcript request information or contact them directly.
- Request official college transcripts if you earned credit while in high school or prior to attending UNO. All post-secondary transcripts are required whether credit was earned or not. Failure to provide information regarding all post-secondary academic work attempted or completed will be considered fraudulent and may result in possible withdrawal of admission or dismissal from the University.
- Request transcripts be sent in the following manner:
Send electronic transcripts to:
Mail hard copy transcripts to:
- Undergraduate Admissions Office
- 6001 Dodge Street
- Eppley Administration Building 111
- Omaha, NE 68182
Please note: Hand-carried transcripts will not be accepted. They must be sent directly from each academic institution via their official transcript service to UNO Undergraduate Admissions.