Am I eligible to apply as a Transfer student? Transfer applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- Completed transferable coursework from a regionally accredited collegiate institution following high school graduation.
- Have graduated from a regionally accredited high school or have completed the equivalent academic training (GED) (see GED section in the Core Course Requirement section).
- Meet the GPA requirement for the program in which you applied.
- Be in academic good standing at your previous institution(s).
Explore the areas below to learn about your journey to becoming a Maverick:
- The Admissions Process
- After You Apply
- Pay Your Enrollment Deposit and Next Steps
- Transferring within the University of Nebraska System
- Transfer Credit Evaluation Information
Applications will be reviewed once we receive all official documents needed to complete your file.
1. Complete an Application
- Apply to UNO
- To complete an application, you will need to provide your mailing address, date of birth, and a valid email address.
- Provide your current legal name as it appears on your birth certificate, drivers license or social security card. In addition, providing your social security number on your application is recommended if you are applying for financial aid.
2. Pay the Application Fee
A $45 application fee is required for all new First-Year, Transfer, and Non-Degree/Visiting student applicants and must be paid when the application is submitted.
- The application fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee admission or enrollment in any specific classes. If you have previously enrolled as an undergraduate student on any University of Nebraska system campus, the application fee is not required.
- Pay online or by mail
- Undergraduate Application Fee waivers are available to applicants who meet specific conditions. For more information, please review our Application Fee Waiver Policy which is available on our Forms, Policies, and Conditions page under the policy section.
3. Submit Official Transcripts and Test Scores
Request official high school transcript be sent to UNO. Visit your school's website for transcript request information or contact them directly. If you have a baccalaureate degree, your high school transcript may not be required. Contact UNO Undergraduate Admissions at email@example.com.
Request official college transcripts from each institution at which you earned credit while in high school or prior to attending UNO. All post-secondary transcripts are required whether credit was earned or not. Failure to provide information regarding all post-secondary academic work attempted or completed will be considered fraudulent and may result in possible withdrawal of admission or dismissal from the University.
NOTE: Hand-carried/student-submitted transcripts will not be accepted. They must be sent directly from each academic institution via their official transcript service to UNO Undergraduate Admissions.
If your school uses an electronic transcript service, please send electronic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official transcripts may be mailed to the following address:
|Undergraduate Admissions Office|
|6001 Dodge Street|
|Eppley Administration Building, Room 111|
|Omaha, NE 68182-0286|
Undergraduate application submission deadlines are as follows:
- Fall Semester - August 1
- Spring Semester - December 1
- Summer Semester - July 1
You will start receiving information from the admissions office. If you have not received any communication within one week, please contact us to inquire about the status of your application.
- Set up your MavLINK account and check your admission status on MavLINK.
- Contact the Office of Financial Support and Scholarships.
- Submit your immunization records to UNO Health Services.
Paying Your Enrollment Deposit and Next Steps
After you're admitted to UNO, see the Admitted Students page to find out how to pay your Ernollment Deposit to the University by logging into your MavLINK and next steps to becoming a Maverick. Don't forget to file the FAFSA starting October 1 for financial aid for the Fall term.
Intercampus: If you currently attend another University of Nebraska campus and plan to enroll at UNO for a term, students must submit an Intercampus application
Change of Campus: If you have previously atttended within the last 5 years or are a current UNL, UNK, or UNMC student wanting to transfer to UNO, please complete the Change of Campus Form and a UNO undergraduate admission application. REMINDER: There is no application fee.
- To learn about how your credits will transfer to UNO, please see the Transfer Coursework Equivalent/Articulation Guide.
- Transfer Credit Policy and Procedures.
- Associate Degree Transfer Agreements with Other Institutions.