Breakout Session Categories
We are focusing on identifying speakers who will engage with young professionals in a meaningful way by sharing their expertise, stories, advice, and nuggets of knowledge and wisdom on any number of topics that speak to the professional and personal growth of attendees or the betterment of the community in which we live, work, and play.
Examples of topics include, but are not limited to:
- Professional Development - Engaging and intentional content that will help YPs be more successful in the workplace.
- Personal Development (including health and well-being) - Inspiring content that will help YPs live a more happy or successful life, both inside and outside of their respective careers.
- Community and Economic Development - What will empower YPs to enhance OUR city and actively engage with the local public and private sectors to build strong communities, industries and markets.
- Other - You’re the expert, so let us hear your ideas! What innovative or “not your regular” conference workshops do YOU think YPs need to hear?
- Meet all deadlines established by the Chamber and/or YP Summit Planning Committee in order to provide the proper information, 50-75 word summary of presentation, headshot, materials, etc. in order to ensure a successful and smooth planning process and promotion of your session. Special equipment or material needs will be coordinated with your assigned speaker liaison and the Chamber events team.
- Communicate regularly with your assigned speaker liaison leading up to the Speaker’s Workshop and event.
- Create presentations that are energetic, engaging and, where appropriate, an interactive space for dialogue.
- Provide all materials or handouts for session participants. A PDF for these materials are due to the Greater Omaha Chamber by March 1, 2019.
- Provide content that is informative and relevant to the Greater Omaha community and its working young professionals while leading a 45 minute breakout session for up to 300 participants on Friday, March 15.
About the Greater Omaha Young Professionals (YP) Summit
The YP Summit is a day which unites, informs and empowers our young professionals to be engaged, feel inspired and develop skills that will elevate our community and lead to new opportunities and prosperity for all.
So you can inspire others.
So we can empower ourselves.
So our community can unite.
We want you at the Young Professionals Summit, the only personal/professional development conference of its kind in the region. It’s about harnessing the collective energy of 1,500 YPs to empower each and every attendee. We know you want to make your mark on the community. Let’s connect that passion with opportunity as we educate, collaborate and engage at the marquee event for YPs in Omaha.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.