If we learned anything last year, it's that people in need are all around us. But we also learned — thankfully — that there are plenty of people willing to help.
And so we are pleased to again bring you UNO Alumni Month of Service this March.
Alumni everywhere are encouraged to join us by pledging their intention to complete a service project wherever they live or travel during March. Consider picking up litter, assisting at a shelter, serving youth, or helping any cause or organization close to your heart.
UNO Alumni Month of Service is a great opportunity to:
* Positively impact your community — wherever you are
* Earn service hours for a youth or with an organization
* Serve together as a family, company team or other group
Each person who pledges will receive a free UNO "O" flag. Take a photo with the O during your project and share it on social media with a photo or video!
Have questions about pledging your own project? Contact Elizabeth Draney at 402-504-3343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See below for socially distant service ideas, and for links to service organizations near and far.
We hope you will join us — to get started, click the link below to pledge your service!
SOCIALLY DISTANT SERVICE IDEAS
* Write letters to residents at a local nursing home/assisted living residence
* Recycle glass at a local collection site
* Collect trash (in your neighborhood, on a particular street, in a park, etc.)
* Raise money or collect donations for a cause important to you
* Record a short video saying why you love UNO. We'll send it to prospective students — here's how!
Have your own idea? Email it to us and we'll tell other alumni!
(Article text taken directly from the UNO Alumni website at: unoalumni.org/monthofservice )