Seven UNO students attended the regional leadership conference of the Midwest Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls from Nov. 2 - 4 in Rolla, MO.
Residence hall student leaders from across the seven-state region gathered to network, share resources, conduct the business of the organization, including passing legislation, voting on award bids, and hearing updates from the regional and national board of directors. There were approximately 39 institutions represented – 290 student leaders and 70 advisors.
Prior to the conference, UNO’s Residence Hall Association (RHA) submitted an award bid to nominate UNO and Housing & Residence Life for its commitment to equity & inclusion. There was strong competition, and we are pleased to share that UNO RHA’s award bids won the “Commitment to Equity & Inclusion” Award.
UNO was represented by a student delegation including:
- Savannah Davis, RHA President
- Caitlin Gerdes, RHA Vice-President and National Communications Coordinator
- Anaise D’Aquila, National Residence Hall Honorary President
- Kat O’Connor, RHA Sustainability Committee Chair
- Justine Goodwin, Maverick Village Residence Hall Council (MVRHC) President
- Charles Earhart, MVRHC Secretary
- Ian Deruiter, MVRHC Treasurer
The student leaders were also recognized with an award for their performance in the case study competition – and won “Best Roll Call” at the conference.