International Professional Development (IPD) Program
Omaha's Global Connections
Economic vitality: Home to several Fortune 500 companies, Omaha has earned recognition from Kiplinger’s, KPMG, and Forbes for its business-friendly environment. Omaha consistently maintains one of the lowest unemployment rates in the United States.
Affordability: Forbes magazine has ranked Omaha as the most affordable city in the U.S. and among the best for young professionals.
Arts and culture: Omaha hosts the College World Series of baseball, draws world-class musical performers, and boasts the country’s best-rated zoo.
IPD's Global Partners in Omaha
These IPD partners and others deliver seminars, host site visits, and create on-site learning opportunities, immersing participants in Omaha’s dynamic global business community:
Fortune 500 firms with Omaha headquarters:
- Berkshire Hathaway (property and casualty insurer)
- Mutual of Omaha (insurance and banking)
- Peter Kiewit Sons’, Inc. (construction)
- Union Pacific Railroad Corporation
Fortune 1000 firms with Omaha headquarters:
- Cabela’s (retailer for hunting, fishing, and outdoor gear)
- Green Plains (ethanol)
- TD Ameritrade (online stock trading)
- Valmont Industries, Inc. (metal manufacturing)
- Werner Enterprises (logistics)
- West Corporation (telemarketing)
Fortune 500 firms with Omaha operations:
- Aflac, Inc. (insurance)
- First Data Corporation (global e-commerce)
- Harrah’s (entertainment)
- United Parcel Service
Major employers in Omaha:
- Alegent Health
- City and State Government Agencies
- Ellison Technologies (robotics manufacturing)
- First National Bank
- Gallup Organization (corporate training)
- Pay Pal (Bill paying service)
- Nebraska Furniture Mart
- Omaha Steaks (gourmet food and gifts)
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.