WINTER/SPRING 2020- Elementary Education student Vanessa Chavez Jurado elected UNO Student Government Vice President for the 20-21 academic year.
- UNO teacher candidates Davis Clouse, Isobel O. Righter, and Genesis Ventura were recently recognized by the Nebraska State Council for the Social Studies (NSCSS) as Outstanding Social Studies Student Teachers.
- The UNO chapter of the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA)/Collegiate Sertoma has been awarded 2020 Gold Chapter Honors from National NSSLHA for their advocacy and leadership.
- Secondary Education student Torie Walenz received the Student Scholarship Award at the Chancellor's Commission on the Status of Gender Equity (CCSGE) Luncheon.
- Doctoral Student Liz Pekas to attend the 2020 International Student Research Forum representing the Vascular Research Lab.
- Public health student Bri Full featured in The Gateway for her work as a Student Government senator.
- Library Science student Rebekah Morehouse was featured in a NET Nebraska article about libraries and patrons adapting to changing technologies.
- Pre-education student and Teacher Scholar Grace Giebler recently performed with the UNO Jazz Ensembles.
- Pre-education student Megan Ojeda spoke at Latino Center of the Midlands Destino Dinner gala in Sept.
- Literacy graduate student, Papillion-La Vista High School librarian, and Teacher Education alumna Liz Von Nagy featured in the Papillion Times about her participation in the Papillion La Vista Community Schools 'You Found a Book!' program for TeenTober, a month-long celebration of teen literacy and library services.
SPRING & SUMMER 2019
- Public Health student Kalpana Biswa featured in The Gateway about her experience with Project Achieve and her journey to UNO from Nepal.
- Speech-Language Pathology student Kylee Beyea received a Student Achievement Award at the University Honors Program banquet in April.
- Speech-Language Pathology student Kabao Lor received an Oustanding Service Learning Award at Student Honors Convocation in April.
SUMMER & FALL 2018
- Zachary Motz, a doctoral candidate in UNO’s Department of Biomechanics, received an American Heart Assocation (AHA) Predoctoral Fellowship.
- Elementary Education student Jeffrey Conger was honored with a scholarship award at the Office of Military and Veteran Services (OMVS) 2018 Appreciation Dinner.
- Library Science student Rosalie Brown wrote a book about her own experience with epilepsy, Thunderstorms in my Brain, and was interviewed on a local NPR station.
- Elementary Education student Fabricio Hernandez was featured in a UNO news story about the 10-year anniversary and impact of the Thompson Learning Community.
- Speech and Language Pathology student Hannah Johnson has been selected as the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association Audiology Student State Officer (AuD SSO) for Nebraska.
- Speech and Language Pathology graduate student Hannah Lopez was featured in UNO’s Gateway for her work with Dr. Shari DeVeney on a research project titled, Early Diagnostic Signs of Autism.
- Jeff Patterson, a doctoral candidate in UNO’s Department of Biomechanics, received an F31 grant from the National Institute of Health.
- Library Science student Mackenzie Schley’s work to help bring a Digital Bookmobile to the Jackson County Library was featured on the local news.