Band, Orchestra, and Choir Honor (BOCH) Festival
UNO BOCH Festival - Bands, String Orchestra, Choirs
UNO's School of Music created the BOCH Festival in 2007. While most institutions hold separate honors events for each ensemble, the BOCH Festival combines these groups to host an event that brings more than 300 high school students from across Nebraska and the Midwest to work with nationally renowned clinicians. This unique experience will culminate in a performance at the newly-renovated Strauss Performing Arts Center on the campus of UNO.
Though a rigorous audition process, high school musicians from across Nebraska and surrounding states are selected to come together and perform with other musicians at one of Omaha’s premiere performance venues. Students have the opportunity to work with UNO Music faculty and students as well as guest clinicians in both masterclass and rehearsal settings. It is a fun-filled weekend of music making and learning with other talented musicians.
2022 BOCH Festival Important Documents
- 2022 BOCH Festival Letter
- 2022 BOCH Festival Schedule
- Click here to apply for the 2022 BOCH Festival!
- All selected students will be expected to adhere to UNO’s policies regarding masks and bell covers.
- Masks are required indoors for everyone.
- Bell covers (for wind players) and masks will be provided. Wind players are permitted to pull down the masks to play.
Results & Participation Information: posted below after Dec. 13, 2021
- 2022 BOCH Festival Results: Wind Ensemble & Honor Band | String Orchestra | SATB Choir & Treble Choir
- 2022 BOCH Festival Participant & Director Packet
- 2022 BOCH Festival Payment Portal and Attendance Confirmation
- 2022 BOCH Festival Concert Day Instructions
Finale Concerts Information
The official hotel for the festival is TBD
Room Rates: TBD
Students who audition for the BOCH Festival Bands will be placed in one of our two ensembles, the Wind Ensemble or Band. Students will get to work with UNO faculty, attend rehearsals, masterclasses, and concerts during the festival.
The Wind Ensemble conductor for 2022 will be Dr. Karen Fannin, UNO Director of Bands.
The Band conductor for 2022 will be Dr. Joshua Kearney, UNO Assistant Director of Bands.
String students throughout the Midwest participate yearly in the UNO BOCH String Orchestra. These students have the opportunity to work with UNO faculty and guest clinicians to perform great repertoire, as well as attend concerts and masterclassess throughout the weekend.
The String Orchestra conductor for 2022 will be Prof. Miguel Harth-Bedoya, UNO Director of Orchestras.
Dr. Derrick Fox, UNO Director of Choral Activities, will conduct the 2022 SATB Choir. This three-day event will include rehearsals of the Honor Choir, masterclasses, a UNO Faculty Showcase recital, concerts featuring the UNO Ensembles, and other fun activities. Dr. Katrina Cox, UNO Assistant Professor of Choral Music Education, will conduct the 2022 Treble Choir.