Apply for Housing
Housing Sign Up Process
- Be fully admitted to UNO.
- Apply online via MavLINK.
- Once logged in, choose the "Admission Status" tab and select "Apply for Housing".
- Select and fill out the application. Remember, your application is not complete until you submit the $260.00. This charge includes a $60 non-refundable application fee and a $200 deposit.
- Click "Complete Application". At this step, your housing application is complete and finalized. Completeing the housing application does not guarantee on-campus housing.
2019-2020 New Student Housing Timeline
After completing the housing application, please continue to check your email for important updates and information. Email is our main form of communication.
November 1, 2018: 2019-2020 housing application goes live.
Late February 2019: Start of assignment process for new students that have completed the housing application. Housing lease contracts are sent by email - ongoing as housing applications are completed.
Early March 2019: Roommate matching begins via RoomSync for all students that have signed a housing lease contract - ongoing as students sign a housing lease contract.
April 30, 2019: First deadline to cancel the 2019-2020 housing lease contract. Student will forfeit the $200 deposit. The $60 application fee is never refundable.
June 2019: Move-In Guide mailed to all incoming students.
June 14, 2019: Last chance to select a roommate in RoomSync. Students without roommate requests will be asigned by Housing and Residence Life.
Mid-July 2019: Room and roommate notifications sent to all students.
July 31, 2019: Second deadline to cancel the 2019-2020 housing contract. Student will forfeit the $200 deposit and will be required to pay a $750 termination fee. The $60 application fee is never refundable.
August 1, 2019: Lease contract cancellation fee increases. Student will forfeit the $200 deposit and will be required to pay 50% of the housing lease contract. The $60 application fee is never refundable.
Mid-August 2019: MOVE IN! Our team is excited to welcome you to your new home!
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.