Update from Housing and Residence Life on Covid-19 and the Fall 2020 Semester
Housing and Residence Life (HRL) is committed to keeping our community safe throughout the upcoming 2020-2021 academic year. In order to help ensure the health and well-being of all residents living on campus, you can expect that some of our policies and procedures may feel a bit different than in the past.
We are actively monitoring and incorporating guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Douglas County Health Department to ensure the safety of our residents. As a resident, you can expect to see some of the following changes in on-campus housing depending on conditions at UNO and in the larger Omaha community:
- Residents will be expected to follow the health and safety guidelines developed by HRL and the university.
- Staff will communicate updates and reminders regularly regarding best-practices for maintaining personal hygiene and clean shared apartment spaces.
- Staff will provide information related to receiving assistance for residents who develop symptoms or aren’t feeling well.
- Staff and residents will maintain social distancing guidelines (at least six feet apart) when visiting the MV And UV front desks, clubhouses, or interacting with others.
- Residents may be required to wear masks/cloth face coverings when in public spaces (e.g., clubhouses, laundry rooms, etc.).
- Residents may be restricted from having guests and visitors within the residence halls.
- Residents may be expected to follow procedures for helping to ensure self-quarantining and housing de-densifying in the case of active cases on-campus/in housing.
Resident move-in for the fall semester will also look very different than in past years. We are actively working to develop the move-in process and will communicate more information in June as we are able.
Throughout this summer and the fall semester, we encourage you to reach out to email@example.com with any questions you have about how HRL and the university will work through the COVID-19 outbreak.
Our goal is to help our residents have a positive and healthy experience living on campus. We have seen many rapid changes and developments during the first months of this outbreak. We know that there will likely be more changes to come.
We remain committed to communicating these changes to you promptly and with as much transparency as possible.
Housing and Residence Life offers various programs and events coordinated specifically for housing students to get connected.