Mavericks, we commend you for your efforts and thank you for all that you do for the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO)!
Wages paid are always of upmost value to everyone, but are you aware of the further benefits that UNO provides?
The value of being employed at UNO is measured not just by someone’s hourly or salaried pay. In fact, there is a wide range of benefits, services and programs offered by the University that make up an impressive total compensation package for our faculty and staff.
Your Total Compensation Statement (TCS) is a document that outlines, in detail, your direct and indirect compensation. The statement communicates several key details to you including:
- The entire value of your overall compensation package, containing not only the wages you receive but also the cost of the variety of benefits that the University of Nebraska provides.
- A comprehensive listing of each benefit you have enrolled in, with a corresponding dollar value showing what is paid by you as well as UNO.
Each person's total compensation statement is unique to them. Staying informed of your benefit offerings allows you to make educated choices prior to each annual enrollment period.
The next cycle for Annual Enrollment for benefits will be over several weeks in mid-October 2022, for the 2023 calendar year.
As a reminder, the NUFlex benefits plan includes:
- Health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, long-term disability benefits, health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts.
- Retirement Benefits include the 401(a), 403(b) and 457(b) plans. The 401(a) features matching funds from the University, with either a 6.5% or 8% match from the University depending on your Tier election and eligible participation.
Other benefits, services, and programs, including the Faculty and Staff Employee Assistance Program, Long Term Care, and the Employee and Dependent Scholarship program. These benefits and programs, along with the others offered, can be found on the UNO Benefits webpage.
The 2021 Total Compensation Statement is now available in Firefly. To access your personalized document, complete the following:
- Login to Firefly using your NUID and TrueYou password
- Click the "About Me" tab in the "Employee Self Service" section of Firefly
Access the Compensation dropdown and select Total Compensation. Scroll down and click " 2021 Statement" in the "Total Compensation" area of the page.
If you have questions about your TCS, you can reach out to the Benefits Office at email@example.com or directly to Stacey Williams, Benefits Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the University of Nebraska at Omaha
Located in one of America’s best cities to live, work and learn, the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is Nebraska’s premier metropolitan university. With more than 15,000 students enrolled in 200-plus programs of study, UNO is recognized nationally for its online education, graduate education, military friendliness and community engagement efforts. Founded in 1908, UNO has served learners of all backgrounds for more than 100 years and is dedicated to another century of excellence both in the classroom and in the community.