Develop, operate and maintain a physical environment that supports a community of learning, engagement and discovery.
- Treat all persons with dignity
- Capitalize on the wealth of viewpoints that reside in our multi-faceted community
- Value all contributions
- Foster trust and honesty in our interactions
- Behave according to established professional standards
- Freely pursue informed risk-taking and creative problem solving
- Learn from our experience
- Explore new solutions
- Recognize teamwork as the key to synergy
- Communicate more with the team about each others' roles
- Pool resources
- Invest in the professional growth of all staff through sharing experience and knowledge, through education (training and cross training) and peer networking.
- Identify performance standards
- Take personal responsibility
- Have pride in our work
- Identify constituents' needs, respond quickly and work towards continuous improvement
Health, Safety and the Environment
- Support individual wellness
- Provide a safe working environment
- Promote environmental stewardship
- Recruit, develop and retain an outstanding, diverse, and fully engaged workforce.
- Plan, design, construct and preserve quality physical facilities.
- Prudently manage the financial resources entrusted to us through sound budgeting, planning, and cost control.
- Review service delivery to our partners (students, faculty, staff and community) with a continuous focus on improved communication, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Pursue new technologies that improve Business and Finance services and meet the evolving needs of the university.