Our goal is to provide clean and safe buildings for the UNO community and our visitors. We take pride in offering excellent customer service to our campus clients and have dedicated employees on campus 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our staff clean and maintain the administration and academic areas of campus including:
- Lecture halls
- Clinical areas
- Study areas
- Other public areas
We provide marker board supplies, chalk, and erasers. Submit a request online at https://wtma.unomaha.edu/:8443 choose (Repair Center - ES) to request these supplies.
Carpet cleaning can be requested online. Submit a request at
https://wtma.unomaha.edu/:8443 choose (Repair Center - ES).
See schedules and standard cleaning services we provide.
We provide set up support for campus events. Contact us at least three business days prior to your event to schedule set up of tables, chairs, trash/recycling bins and more.
Any changes to your request must be made 24 hours in advance for weekday events and by 4 P.M. the Thursday prior to a weekend event.
Contact us at 402.554.3301 to schedule set-up for an event.
Pest management includes the interior management of animals, insects and rodents.
Environmental and Custodial Services provides campus interior pest control via an outside contractor and we have an EPA/Nebraska certified license applicator on staff. Exterior pest management is provided through Landscape Services.
We use an integrated pest management control program to reduce negative human and environmental impact. We ask that all food and drink materials in office areas be kept in sealed metal containers to increase the effectiveness of our pest management program.
Scheduled preventive treatments are applied during weekends, breaks, and holiday closures.
If you need assistance contact us at 402.554.3600 or email@example.com.
Report items requiring repairs to the Facilities Management and Planning Service Desk at 402.554.3600
Classrooms, Laboratories, Hallways, Entry Ways, Stairways, Study Rooms, Student and Public Lounges
Schedule: Five Days/Week
- Clean all study rooms
- Clean chalkboard or marker board along with its tray
- Disinfect and arrange desk (work stations) and tables
- Disinfect entry door knobs
- Dust mop hard surface floor and spot mop as needed
- Dust mop and scrub hallways, entry ways
- Empty trash and spot clean container
- Restock chalk and markers daily or as needed
- Vacuum carpet traffic areas and spot clean as needed
- Vacuum carpets in the library
- Vacuum all entry ways
- Change microfiber rags for boards
- Clean door and window glasses
- Clean surface edges of chalkboards and marker boards
- Dust and wet mop hard floors
- Dust open portions of library bookshelves
- Vacuum carpet areas
- Wash trash receptacles
- Clean baseboards
- Dust ceiling vents, venetian blinds
- Empty centralize trash/recycling
- Empty desk side trash/recycling every Friday
- Dust blinds, vents
- Clean and refill soap dispensers
- Clean mirrors and sinks
- De-scale and disinfect stools and urinals
- Disinfect door push plate, jambs, kick plates and door hardware
- Disinfect lavatories
- Dust mop floor
- Empty trash and spot clean receptacle
- Fill empty toilet and paper towel dispensers
- Replace sanitary napkin bags
- Spot clean partitions and toilet paper holders with disinfectant
- Spot clean walls and paper towel dispensers with disinfectant
- Wet mop floor and baseboards with approved cleaner
- Burnish Hallways
- Spot clean carpets
- Detail clean restrooms
- Carpet Shampoo in classrooms, labs, waiting areas
- Light scrub of hallways and apply applicator
- Office carpet shampoo
- Outside window cleaning
Every office suite currently has a centralized trash/recycle container that is emptied daily.
We provide individual blue recycle cans with a smaller black insert that are emptied weekly on Fridays.
Trash cans are provided in labs and study areas, but not classrooms. Centralized large trash cans have been strategically located in the hallways and entry ways for classroom use. These are emptied on a weekly basis.
Request large office clean ups or recycling bins at:
https://wtma.unomaha.edu:8443/ choose (Repair Center - ES)
Request confidential bin pick up/drop off at:
https://wtma.unomaha.edu:8443/ choose (Repair Center – LS)
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.