Check out an exciting opportunity for community-committed students! The Newman Civic Fellowship recognizes and supports community-committed students who are changemakers and public problem-solvers at Campus Compact member institutions.
Newman Civic Fellows will become part of a nationwide network of engaged student leaders where they have the opportunity to gather, network, and develop professional skills.
Interested students will need to submit a letter of recommendation and resume by November 19, 2021 to email@example.com.
Community-committed Students Have:
- Demonstrated investment in finding solutions for challenges facing their communities
- Engage in collaborative action with others to create long-term social change
- Take action in addressing issues of inequity and political polarization
- Demonstrates the motivation and potential for effective long term civic engagement
Newman Civic Fellows receive training and resources that nurture your assets and passions to help you develop strategies for social change. The year-long program includes virtual learning opportunities and networking as part of a national network of engaged student leaders.
- Must be nominated by the institution’s chancellor
- Must have at least one year of their education remaining so the nominee will be enrolled in the 2021-2022 academic year (graduates must have at least two years remaining)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Student Resume including graduation date