The Newman Civic Fellowship recognizes and supports community-committed students.
Submit your nominations to Kirsten Case at firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 4, 2020.
Community-committed Students Have:
- Demonstrated investment in finding solutions for challenges facing their communities
- Engage in collaborative action with others to create long-term social change
- Take action in addressing issues of inequity and political polarization
- Demonstrates the motivation and potential for effective long term civic engagement
Newman Civic Fellows receive training and resources that nurture your assets and passions to help you develop strategies for social change. The year-long program includes virtual learning opportunities and networking as part of a national network of engaged student leaders.
- Must be nominated by the institution’s chancellor
- Must have at least one year of their education remaining so the nominee will be enrolled in the 2021-2022 academic year (graduates must have at least two years remaining)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Student Resume including graduation date