Campus Planning & Mobility
UNO has a sustainably designed, walkable campus with buildings and outdoor spaces that are inviting and nature-inspired. The majority of people travel to campus by walking, biking, transit, or carpool. Many students live on campus with virtual meetings/classes eliminating the need for some trips
Our Goals and Progress
- Walking maps are provided for the Dodge and Scott campuses
- Map of bike rack locations on campus including B-Cycle stations
- Public safety offers bike safety information and a way to register your bike on campus (in case it gets lost or stolen)
- UNO is home to FIVE Heartland B-Cycle Stations, Omaha's public bike-sharing program (MBSC,
MammelHall, ASH, MV/UV, Scott Clubhouse).
- UNO offers a free shuttle service between the Dodge and Scott campuses.
- UNO's shuttles are equipped with GPS tracking allowing individuals to get live location data for every bus on route and arrival times at the stops. UNO Shuttle Tracking app is available on Android, Apple, and desktop operating systems.
- All active UNO students, faculty, and staff are able to use their University ID as a Metro Transit bus pass, free of charge. The program is 24/7, as long as the Metro Buses are running. No activation is required, all individuals automatically have access to the program.
- Bus lines near campus:
- Dodge Street: #2, #92, #98
- Leavenworth Street: #11
- Center Street: #15
- 72nd Street: #18
Wondering how to use the bus? These videos will help you use the buses with ease!
- How to Ride: Omaha Metro Transit's video showing how easy it is to use the bus.
- Bike & Ride: Omaha Metro Transit's video showing how you how to load your bike onto the front of the bus.
- In FY18, the MavRIDE program registered 123,498 riders (a 4% increase over FY17).
- Parking Services offers ride-matching through a partnership with MAPA using Metro RideShare.
- If a carpool is formed, through this program or on your own, individuals have the opportunity to purchase a carpool permit.
- Provides free taxi service in the event of an unexpected emergency for registered sustainable commuters. Enrollment is easy, just complete this registration form.
For more information about UNO's Sustainable Transportation program, visit Parking Services' Sustainable Transportation or contact email@example.com.