Last Updated: Monday, April 11, 2022
To better protect our campus and Omaha communities and preserve in-person teaching, working, and learning, please review UNO's most recent campus adjustments.
Meetings and Events (Gatherings)
- All gatherings (e.g. events, meetings, productions, etc.) on or off campus with 200 or more people will require senior administration approval.
- All gatherings (e.g. events, meetings, productions, etc.) with 200 or more participants require submission of a detailed safety plan to senior administration.
- Please continue to send all reservation requests (both UNO and community) through the CEC's online request form.
- All events in-person involving youth will require youth safety approval before booking. Event coordinators must reach out to the Office of Youth Safety prior to submitting an event for consideration to complete a safety review.
Sponsoring units (organizations) are fully responsible for ensuring their gathering is safely conducted and complies with guest guidelines and expectations. Sponsoring units must acknowledge that all guests associated with their event will:
- Maintain appropriate safe distances (physical distancing) when interacting with others.
- Be encouraged to practice good hygiene by washing hands with soap and water often for 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer.
- Be instructed to stay home if the day of the event they or a member of their household is sick.
- Be encouraged to complete the self-assessment through the 1-Check COVID app or a similar mechanism the day of the event.
- If someone who attended the event is diagnosed with COVID-19 within two weeks of the event being offered, the sponsoring unit will notify the Office of Health Security at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food at Gatherings
Effective May 13, 2022, UNO has temporarily lifted the requirement that food at events be furnished by UNO Food Services & Catering. You many now use outside food vendors during events that are confirmed to take place in the CEC.
The CEC reservation agreement has been modified to reflect this temporary change in policy. You do need to notify CEC reservations if you plan any catering changes to existing reservations.
Still not allowed:
- Temperature controlled food
Surplus food and beverages:
- Food items may be donated to the UNO Maverick Food Pantry, which will accept food and drink items that haven't spoiled and/or unopened. To ask questions or discuss donating extras, email email@example.com.
If you decide to opt-out of catering, please notify UNO CEC Reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review UNO's Guidance for Food at Events and Gatherings for more information and ongoing updates.
Other Health Measures
- All UNO students, faculty, staff, and guests are required to wear masks, regardless of vaccination status. This includes CEC offices and workspaces, conference rooms, meeting rooms, hallways, and other common areas.
- Additionally, certain larger gatherings may require masks to be worn by all attendees in all settings. Each gathering and event on campus with more than 25 people goes through a screening process for health protocols and is subject to approval by the Office of Health Security and one of the Vice Chancellors or the Senior Vice Chancellor.
- Symptomatic individuals, regardless of immunization status, should stay home and contact their health care provider.
Mask exceptions include:
- When eating (6 ft. social distancing applied)
- When alone in a room with a closed door
- When in a motor vehicle alone or only with members of your household
- When in individual office cubicle space with (6 ft distancing applied)
- We are happy to support you in creating and using Zoom accounts or other meeting software. If you are interested in this service contact the CEC IT office at email@example.com.
Maverick Food Pantry
- The Maverick Food Pantry is operating in the building by appointment.
- The CEC administrative staff are available by email and appointment. Operations staff are present in the building from 7 A.M. to 9 P.M. Please note that staff may need to work remotely as needed. We recommend using email as the first form of communication with staff if possible.
General Website Resources