Last Updated: Tuesday, May 11 2021
Expectations for Summer and Fall Activities and Reservations
The CEC, along with the UNO campus, plans to increase in-person and on-campus working, learning, and teaching activities starting in the fall of 2021. We will continue to observe CDC health and safety requirements in order to promote the well-being of those who come to campus. As public health conditions dictate, we will follow recommended preventative health measures that include mask-wearing, physical distancing, hand washing, symptom screening, and opportunities for COVID-19 testing for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals during the summer and fall semesters.
Summer events on campus, including meetings in the CEC, will continue to operate within UNO's current COVID safety protocols. Until further notice, we assume the same guidelines will be in place for the fall and our reservations process.
Learn more through the following website links:
- As of Monday, August 17, 2020, the CEC is open during regular building hours. The CEC entrance doors are unlocked allowing access to the Lower Commons Lounge and restrooms. All community and university building partner suites are locked, accessible by prox card.
Meetings and Events (Gatherings)
- We are currently accepting requests through our Reservation Request Form for meetings scheduled on or after Tuesday, September 1, 2020. New guidelines have been implemented and updated literature will be distributed with each reservation.
Online Meeting Solutions
- Rather than holding face-to-face meetings, we encourage you to consider online alternatives. We are happy to support you in creating and using Zoom accounts or other meeting software. If you are interested in this service contact the CEC IT office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maverick Food Pantry
- The Maverick Food Pantry has resumed business in the building by appointment.
- CEC administrative staff are primarily working remotely and available by email. However, a limited number of operations staff will be available from 7 A.M. to 9 P.M.
Additional Website Resources
- UNO Fall Forward, Fall 2020 Campus Guidance
- UNO Fall Forward, Gatherings (Meetings and Events - Includes Food)
- UNO Coronavirus Website
- Frequently Asked Questions Website
- Follow UNO on Facebook
- Follow UNO on Twitter
- Maverick Food Pantry Website