Maverick Food Pantry
If you have an outstanding ticket on MavLink or MavPark, you can purchase non-perishable food items or a new toy for the value of 1/2 the ticket. Return the new items and the receipt to Parking Services and the violation will be waived.
Food donations will support the Maverick Pantry. Toy donations will be delivered to Lutheran Family Services.
The drive ends at 5:00 P.M. on Friday, Dec. 8. No donations will be accepted after this time.
Season of Giving
This new program still needs support from the community. If you're interested in making a monetary donation, you can donate online today.
Volunteer with the Maverick Food Pantry
To volunteer, complete the Volunteer Sign Up Form on MavSYNC using your UNO email address and login information.
Donate to the Maverick Food Pantry
Update to Distribution Model
The Maverick Food Pantry’s distribution model has been updated with a renewed and refocused commitment to meeting the needs of those we serve. In order to provide healthier, more sustainable, and culturally sensitive items, we are requesting donations that are kosher, gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, and/or organic. The Maverick Food Pantry will continue to provide food and personal hygiene products to all members of the UNO community.
The Maverick Food Pantry's new model includes most inventory from Trader Joe's. A list of nonperishable items is found below.
- Creamy Unsalted Peanut Butter 16 oz
- Solid White Albacore Tuna 5 oz
- Premium White Chicken 12.5 oz
- Organic Black Beans 15.5 oz
- Gluten Free Loaded Fruit and Nut Granola 12 oz
- Gluten Free Rice Pasta and Cheddar 6 oz
- Unsweetened Instant Oatmeal 11.3 oz
- Toasted Whole Grain Oats Cereal 15 oz
- Organic Whole Wheat Spaghetti 16 oz
- Brown Rice Medley 16 oz
- Whole Kernel Corn 15.25 oz
- Organic Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz
- Mandarin Oranges 11 oz
- Ground Black Pepper 2 oz
- Organic Marinara Sauce 26 oz
- Organic Creamy Tomato Soup 32 oz
- Organic Lentil Vegetable Soup 17 oz
The Maverick Food Pantry also provides personal hygiene products for individual use.
- Disposable Menstruation Hygiene Products
- Individually wrapped Toilet Paper
- Individually wrapped Paper Towels
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.