ISSUED: (Tuesday, January 22, 2019 5:00 AM)
UNIVERSITY CLOSURE INFORMATION
All on-campus classes and activities for January 22, 2019 have been canceled. Online classes will continue as scheduled as they are delivered digitally and can be accessed without travel to the UNO campus.More Information CLOSEX
The UNO School of Public Administration has scholarships available to graduate students.
Andrew Blair Memorial Scholarship
Dr. Robert Blair and his wife Barbara established a fellowship in memory of their son Andrew, who passed away at the age of 31 from the complications of a lifetime battle with heart disease and cerebral palsy. The fellowship provides support to students in the UNO School of Public Administration who plan a career in the field of human services, especially those who are employed by nonprofit agencies or work with disabled individuals.
- Candidates must be a current master's degree student from the UNO School of Public Administration in the College of Public Affairs and Community Service.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who are working in, or have demonstrated an intention to work in, the human service field, particularly those working with the disabled or for nonprofit agencies.
The Centennial Scholarship Fund was created through the generosity of alumni, faculty and friends of the UNO School of Public Administration. It is intended to be used for scholarships for students enrolled in the School of Public Administration.
- Candidates must be admitted to a master's degree from the UNO School of Public Administration in the College of Public Affairs and Community Service.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who demonstrate academic excellence and/or financial need.
This scholarship honors Mary Cornett, a longtime Omaha City Clerk and her distinguished 50+ year career in public service.
- MPA degree student with a concentration in Public Management.
- Expresses a desire to pursue a career in Public Administration following graduation.
- Preference shall be given to those students with a demonstrated financial need.
Mary and Rodrigo Lopez Fellowship for Professional Development
The purpose of this fellowship is to encourage graduate public administration students to engage in professional development and to provide selected awardees with up to $1,000 to do so.
- Applicants must be enrolled in one of the graduate programs in the UNO School of Public Administration.
- Applicants must have an interest in and commitment to participating in professional and career development activities
- First preference will be given to MPA students, second preference to Ph.D. students.
Nebraska City/County Management Association (NCMA) MPA Scholarship
The purpose of the NCMA scholarship is to encourage and assist men and women of promising talent and ability who desire a career in city management to complete the requirements for the MPA Degree or MSUS in the School of Public Administration at UNO. Applicants must:
- Be registered for six or more graduate hours in the semester during which the award is granted.
- Be a Nebraska resident.
- Be in the local government concentration or pursing the Master in Urban Studies with career goals of city management.
- Have a minimum graduate GPA of 3.5.
- Preference will be given to student members of International City/County Management Association (ICMA) and NCMA.
- Preference will be given to students who have completed 12 credits or more.
Peter Suzuki Scholarship
This scholarship honors Dr. Peter Suzuki, a longtime University of Nebraska at Omaha professor. He is remembered as a remarkable man who overcame adversity and cared deeply about education. Applicants must:
- Be a current or new Master's degree student at the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
- Pursue a Master's Degree in Public Administration or Urban Studies.
- Must have a minimum graduate GPA of 3.5.
- Be registered for at least six graduate hours at the time the award is granted.
- Conduct research in Public Administration or Urban Studies related to minority or vulnerable populations.
- Must work, or plan to work, in government or nonprofit agencies with career goals of public administration.
To complete the UNO campus-wide scholarship application, complete the following steps:
- Log into MavLINK.
- Under the Financial Aid tab, click Apply for Scholarships.
- Log into the UNO Scholarship portal using your UNO NetID and password.
- Complete the General Application.
- If asked to complete an academic College/Department scholarship application, you can do so via the Applications tab.
- Check the Opportunities tab for recommended scholarships you for which you may be eligible.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.