Dr. Jodi Benenson
- Assistant Professor
- School of Public Administration
BiographyJodi Benenson is an Assistant Professor in the School of Public Administration at the University of Nebraska Omaha. Her primary research interests include social policy, nonprofit organizations, civic engagement, and inequality. Previously, Dr. Benenson was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life at Tufts University. At Tufts, she worked on several projects in the areas of youth civic engagement, political learning and engagement in higher education, and national service and employment. Prior to returning to graduate school, Dr. Benenson worked in the nonprofit sector in the Twin Cities. Dr. Benenson received a B.S. and M.P.A. from Indiana University and a Ph.D. in social policy from the Heller School for Social Policy and Management at Brandeis University.
Research & Creative Interests
- Social Policy
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Civic & Political Engagement
- Inequality & Equity
- Marginalized Populations
- Social Policy
- Public Policy Evaluation
- Planning & Evaluation
- Policy Design & Implementation
- Civic Engagement & Service Learning
- PhD, Social Policy, Brandeis University, 2015
- MPA, Nonprofit Management, Indiana University, 2009
- BS, Business, Indiana University, 2005
- Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations & Voluntary Action (ARNOVA)
- Association for Public Policy & Management (APPAM)
- International Association for Research on Service-Learning & Community Engagement (IARSLCE)
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.