4-6 Months Before Graduation:
❏ Schedule a senior check with your academic advisor the semester prior to your final semester at UNO.
❏ Meet with your Academic Advisor to review your degree plan and update DegreeWorks.
❏ August graduates wishing to participate in a May ceremony should schedule their senior check at the beginning of the Spring semester.
4 Months Before Graduation:
- ❏ Complete the online Graduation Application for Degree during your final semester at UNO. Log into MavLINK and fill out the application on or before the deadline for that Commencement Ceremony. Make sure that the address listed on the degree application is correct, as this is where your diploma will be mailed.
- There is a non-refundable $35.00 Application for Degree fee payable at the time the application is submitted. Certificates also require a non-refundable $5 fee.
Deadlines for graduation application are in the academic calendar. If you miss the deadline you will be subject to a late fee.
2-4 Months Before Graduation:
- ❏ All candidates who have applied for graduation will receive a confirmation email from Katie Sup Rezac, Assistant Director for Advising.
3 Months Before Graduation:
- ❏ If participating in a ceremony, order your cap and gown at the UNO Bookstore immediately after applying for your degree.
2 Weeks Before Graduation:
- ❏ If participating in a ceremony, pick up graduation attire from the UNO Bookstore.
Information to Note
• Diplomas are mailed out approximately four weeks after degree conferral/graduation.
• Diplomas will not be released to students who have outstanding debts/fees owed to the University of Nebraska system.
• Official transcripts are available at a reduced cost to the student ($3) for 60 days after graduation.